Latest post Sat, Sep 14 2013 9:18 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 14 2013 2:34 PM

Transferring a project from an external hard drive to my main suite

Hi. I've only been using Media Composer for a few weeks and I'm getting along with it OK but I'm about to try something new and I hope someone could help me with an idiot-proof method of achieving it.

I have MC7 on my main suite and also on a laptop, where I store the project and footage on an external hard drive. I would now like to transfer a project from the laptop onto the main suite and its internal storage. Please let me know how to do this correctly.

Also, some of the footage on the laptop project is on the laptop's I internal orage. How do I consolidate this correctly onto the main suite's internal storage so that it still works in the project being transferred?

I know this is really basic stuff but I just want to get it right first time rather than mess up and then try an fix it.

Many thanks.

Dave.

• Sat, Sep 14 2013 9:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,682
    • Points 224,120
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Transferring a project from an external hard drive to my main suite

davelee1968:
    I know this is really basic stuff

Dave, there is one man's basic stuff and then there is another man's basic stuff.

If you take a look at THIS URL you can get information about yet another man's basic stuff.

davelee1968:
    I just want to get it right first time rather than mess up and then try an fix it.

That is a very healthy attitude.
    I didn't start with that attitude, but now that I am using the methods described in the tutorials I am able to very easily keep track of projects and move them smoothly between computers.

Regards
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller