Latest post Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:39 PM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 11 2013 7:13 AM

• DiskMaster
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 6 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Multigrouping two tapes with sound

I have an issue about multigrouping with audio on two diffrent tapes.

Usually we have three cameras rolling, Tape_1 has four audio tracks which is all we usually use. But when they sometimes use two extra audio tracks on Tape_2, I dont get those audio tracks in my multigroup.

Is there any way to get these tracks in the multigroup without manually having to drag them into the sequence?

Any help on this is appreciated.

• Fri, Sep 27 2013 8:13 AM In reply to

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Re: Multigrouping two tapes with sound

I have the exact same problem. We record 3 cameras on 3 Avid PCs. In the capture tool we select audio tracks 1-4 on the main one - the one we always use, then if we have more than those 4 tracks we add a 5th and 6th on one of the other computers (we choose audio track 5 and 6 on this PC). The reason we don't record all tracks on the same computer is because the audio runs through an XDCAM recorder that only allows 4 tracks (something like that). 

Well when we get to the multigrouping I assume the audiotracks from our main clip, the one with 4 tracks, overwrites the one with the extra two in the multigroup process. Is there any way to get around this?

Any bright minds out there with a solution? 

• Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:39 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,712
    • Points 66,980

Re: Multigrouping two tapes with sound

In a group clip there are all the audio tracks belonging to the involved clips, You need to select the proper tracks from the desired source clips and cut them to the sequence, try to search the help for "audio follows video".

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller