Latest post Wed, Sep 4 2013 6:40 PM by FunkyDragon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 5:47 PM

Render what needs to be rendered

Is there a way to render all the files that need to be rendered in a timeline without having to manually selecting each clip ?

• Wed, Sep 4 2013 6:04 PM In reply to

Re: Render what needs to be rendered

Mark an in point at the begging of the sequence, and an out point at the end.  Right click in the timeline window and select "Expert Render In/Out" to render only what needs to be rendered for playback, or "Render In/Out" to render everything.

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Sep 4 2013 6:29 PM In reply to

Thanks for the tip.

One more thing. Let's say you have not rendered all effects in your timeline but you export a QT file: MC will have all the effects rendered in your exported file anyway ?

• Wed, Sep 4 2013 6:40 PM In reply to

any export will force a render of unrendered effects, so yes.  when you hit export, it will start a render of your sequence.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller