Latest post Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:22 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 22 2013 2:35 PM

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

How do I transcode AMA clips already on my timeline?

I think a lot of the problems I am having with my current project in MC7 are because I am using AMA when I should have transcoded.

My project is finished. I just want to Export it, but I keep getting errors which prevent me from exporting. Worse something REALLY bad happens causing all the AMAed sequences in my bin to display as WRONG FORMAT.

I have a sequence. How can I transcode the clips in the sequence without having to recut the whole video?

If I try transcoding the original files in the bin, it just creates new files.

If I try transcoding the sequence, again it just creates new files.

Any help MUCH appreciated!

MC 8.5.0 on Intel i7 3770K 3.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, nVidia GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 13TB disk, 2 x HP 2711x 27" LED monitors, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:18 PM In reply to

• Pheral
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sylva, NC USA
    • Posts 966
    • Points 12,235

Re: How do I transcode AMA clips already on my timeline?

Ian Nicholson:

I have a sequence. How can I transcode the clips in the sequence without having to recut the whole video?

If I try transcoding the original files in the bin, it just creates new files.

If I try transcoding the sequence, again it just creates new files.

If you're transcoding a sequence (in a bin), it's going to create new files at the resolution you select, since that is what transcoding does.  You'll have a choice to create a new sequence (or not) and if you choose this option, the new sequence will be linked to the newly created, transcoded files.  Otherwise the original sequence will be linked to the newly created files.  You'll also have the option to include handles, in case you're not completely done trimming.

If i want to transcode a sequence, I will often duplicate it and put it in a bin of its own, so as to segregate the newly transcoded master clips from AMA clips, etc.

Media Composer v8.9.2 | Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit | Supermicro X10DAi | Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4 Broadwell (x2) | Noctua NH-D9DX i4 (x2) | PNY GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:22 PM In reply to

Re: How do I transcode AMA clips already on my timeline?

Or do a video & audio mixdown of the AMA sequence and have one flat sequence to export same as source.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller