Latest post Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:59 PM by hbrock. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 15 2013 3:31 PM

• kmb23
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 15 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Markers disappearing when plugging in external drive. Help!

I'm working as an AE on a doc requiring language translations. When I go to plug in translated footage into my editor's drive, he suddenly loses all of his markers in clips that are in totally different bins than the ones I imported. 

We're working off of mirrored projects/drives. My process has been to plug in both our drives, drag the bin containing the new footage into his project, open his project, and consolidate the files to his drive. We've been doing this for weeks without any problems, but suddenly this week this problem has reoccured. Any tips on how to deal with this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, 

Kevin

Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:26 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Markers disappearing when plugging in external drive. Help!

Markers get wonky (that's a technical term) if the underlying clip changes length.  Are you both working at the same resolution and format with identical clips?  And what version(s) of MC are you using?

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:44 PM In reply to

• kmb23
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 15 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

All the clips should be exactly the same. I'm running on 6.5.2, he's running 7.0.0

• Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:18 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,043
    • Points 12,980

I don't know if this is the issue or not, but 7.0 is backwards compatible with 6.5.3 only as I understand it. 7.0.2 is also out.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:59 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

You might have duplicated media (besides incompatible MC versions).  Try swapping media drives and projects between systems and see if you get different behavior.  Note: do this on a backup of your project(s)!

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller