Latest post Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:30 PM by Tony. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:17 PM

• avidmedic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 30 2006
    • Atlanta, ga
    • Posts 58
    • Points 650
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

Avid edit interface on the wrong screen - win 7

I had this issue today and wanted to share.  Built a system as a single monitor system, then installed it as a dual monitor system.  When the application launches, the Avid splash screen in on the left (1) screen.  However, the interface loads up in the right hand monitor. 

No matter what you do it is not happy.  When launched, you can press Windows + control + left arrow and it will bounce to the left monitor.  But this does not stick when you reboot.

How I fixed it:

Go into the desktop display, and choose to duplicate the desktop on both.  Launch the Avid and make the application full screen.  Quit the Avid application.  Extend the desktop to both monitors.  Relaunch and it should be happy.

Good Luck

You name it, I've seen it. [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:23 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,173
    • Points 23,315

Re: Avid edit interface on the wrong screen - win 7

in your display properties you can set which monitor is your primary monitor and it's position on the right or left  

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:09 PM In reply to

I've run into this a bit.

I've found that you need to connect the left monitor to the DVI port, and the right monitor to the Display port IMMEDIATLY next to the DVI port.  if you skip the first Display port, the app will launch on the right hand monitor.  the only way i've been able to fix it, and this sounds weird... is to swap the cables at the CPU end, and then physically move the monitors so they are swapped.  Also make sure that the Windows Display setting show Display 1 Left(Primary) and Display 2 Right, AND the nVidia multiple display settings match.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:30 PM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 10 2012
    • Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 18
    • Points 230

I second this. It might sound crazy, but I also have had dual-monitor situations that were only fixed by physically swapping the monitors. After exhausting all of the Display Properties and Nvidia settings, physically swapping the monitors is the only thing that worked. (I suspect there is some kind of pairing with the individual monitor that happens over DVI, but that is just a wild guess.) I have had this occur on about five different Avid suites.

In this post (http://community.avid.com/forums/t/103112.aspx) poster sasfog mentioned this as well.

HP Z820 (2.60GHz x2), 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Win 7 64-bit Professional, Avid Media Composer 8.4, Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller