Latest post Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:56 PM by Robert Ferguson. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 8 2013 12:37 PM

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 15 2012
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

Unity server connection error - Help!

Hi , can anyone help?

We have 5 suites all running 6.5 with a Avid unity. Allversions upto date all running fine. I can in the morning however and one computer now cannot connect through the fibre manager.

When I type in the username and password the mac starts ballooning and then I get "There was aproblem connecting to the server".

I used the I/O tester on the problem computer and im getting a stable connection. I have also re installed the fibre manager. 

I have re booted the unity and the other 4 computers are working fine. I got one error message on the windows event manager. giving the error code

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 

i8042prt

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks

• Thu, Aug 8 2013 1:19 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • PA
    • Posts 157
    • Points 1,990

Re: Unity server connection error - Help!

i8042prt is for a PS/2 port keyboard. If you're not using a PS/2 port keyboard and/or not having any keyboard problems you can ignore that. Please fill in your system specs so we can better help you. Also, include the model fibre cards, driver versions, and Unity Connection Manager version your using on your systems.

HP zBook 17 G3, z220, HP z240, HP z420, HP z440, HP z840, HP Z4 G4, Dell Precision 3430, Dell Precision 7810, Apple iMac i5 27-Inch (5K, Late 2015). 16GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 8 2013 1:55 PM In reply to

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Currently on MAC OS X 10.7.5

Processor 2x 2.66GHZ 6 Core Intel Xeon

24GB RAM

Fibre Card : ATTO Celerity FC-41ES Driver Version 3.4.7

Avid Unity Media Network 5.5.1

Thanks

• Thu, Aug 8 2013 3:07 PM In reply to

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

As an update to this I also cannot access the Administation tool :(

• Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:56 PM In reply to

Since you can't use admin tool either, I suspect it's a connection problem and not the Fibre Manager software.

Try switching the fiber to another port on the switch. Does the ATT0 config tool see the card? Try reinstalling the ATTO drivers and maybe reload the firmware. You can also see if this system will work with a card from another system or if this card will work in another system.

Robert

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller