Latest post Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:24 PM by Martin in Chicago. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:24 PM

Adjust Levels on All Selected Tracks

I don't know if this changed w/ MC 6 or 6.5 (I jumped from 5.5 to 6.5), but I can no longer —in the default setup— select, for example, A1 and A2, put a couple of keyframes in each and then adjust the level in one of the keyframes in A1 and have A2 adjust with it. I'm sure this has become a setting now (and I can kind of see the utility of being able to switch back and forth), but I can't find where to set it.

Maybe I phrased that badly. Let me try again:

If I select a couple of audio channels in the timeline and hit the keyframe button, I get keyframes on both tracks (provided they have media in them where the position bar is sitting). If I then drag down on one of these keyframes, I bring the level down on that track and that track only. How do I get both tracks to lower simutaneously?

Hope that was better,

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:11 PM In reply to

• mBlaze
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 427
    • Points 4,905

Re: Adjust Levels on All Selected Tracks

If you SHIFT-SELECT the audio keyframes, you can adjust the multiple tracks simultaneously. I know what you mean, it used to gang the keyframes at the same point in the timeline, just by having the appropriate tracks selected.
    Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 on MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]

James Burke
    Video Producer / Editor / Designer
    blog.DVfanatics.com

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:33 PM In reply to

Thanks James, that was it. Man, I don't really think that's any sort of improvement.

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:12 PM In reply to

• mBlaze
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 427
    • Points 4,905

In doing the audio keyframes that way, you can now move sections up and down (and left and right) without having to mark an IN and an OUT. I think being able to move sections left and right in the timeline is new - I don't remember being able to do that in versions where an IN and OUT point was necessary.
    Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 on MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]

James Burke
    Video Producer / Editor / Designer
    blog.DVfanatics.com

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:24 PM In reply to

Previously, holding the OPT key would allow you to move key frames left and right, but, you're correct, you couldn't move more than one per track at a time. Now, if I have a pair of music tracks and a pair of ambience tracks I need to dip for the expanse of a bite of narration, I have to click on eight seperate keyframes to adjust tracks.

Still, this approach does have advantages as well.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller