Latest post Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:32 PM by GianG. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:32 PM

• GianG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 29 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

AVID FX from PC crashes on MAC "Segmentation Fault"

Hey all,

Hoping you might be able to help or shed some light on this.

I am doing a freelance project right now for a company. I am currently running MC 6.5.3 on OS X 10.8.4 with AVID FX 6.2. They are on PC's running MC 6.0.3 and on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. I did one project for them before where we ran across this same issue, but other than this particular issue, everything else worked out beautifuly. No problems when transferring the project back to their systems to set up for the Online.

When the company provided me this drive with all the media as well as the project on it, they also gave me a consolidation of a previous episode to use for reference with the look of the show. They as well gave me a bin with all the FX used in that previous episode. (Colors, speed ramps, dissolves, etc...) to use as needed.

When i apply most of those previous FX from that bin to my new sequence on my system, all of them seem to work fine except for any involving AVID FX. (It is mainly being used for stills and giving them some movement, resizes and such.)

When i try to apply those FX to a clip on my system, it opens AVID FX, then asks "search, replace or done" the original clip. I want to replace the original clip used to set up the FX, but keep all the FX info (moves, resizes, etc) so i point it to the new clip (still) and as soon as I click on it, i get the following message...

"Segmentation Fault" in thread "MainThread", at address    0x0

and it crashes MC.

They were also aware of this issue before because other freelance editors were having the same issue when going from PC/MAC

At this point, all i can do is a rough cut and would have to wait to apply all these effects once turning the show back over to the company. But with the time restraints we currently have, that is not an option. Plus i would like to see and massage the look of the show as i go...

Has anyone else had this issue? Any workarounds?

HELP!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller