Latest post Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:46 AM by DStone. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 29 2013 3:37 PM

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

MC7 - ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr: No input signal present

Help!

I am try to ingest footage from my trusty Sony HVR-A1P, and get the above error.

I find the camera works when controlled by Avid, so I have a Firewire connection happening, however, Video show as 'None' so I cannot select the Video track to be captured. I have A1 and A2 'selectable', but the moment I click on either I get the above error message.

I'm running Windows 8 64-bit.

Interestingly, I fired up another 'consumer' editing program, it captured video but no audio.

Could it be because my project is 1080x1920/25p and the camera is 1080x1440/50i? Should it not capture SOMETHING anyway?

Anyone have any ideas?

MC 8.5.0 on Intel i7 3770K 3.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, nVidia GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 13TB disk, 2 x HP 2711x 27" LED monitors, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 29 2013 4:31 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: MC7 - ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr: No input signal present

Ian Nicholson:

Could it be because my project is 1080x1920/25p and the camera is 1080x1440/50i? Should it not capture SOMETHING anyway?

Anyone have any ideas?

As it is 50i on the cam, standard interlaced HDV, your project settings should of course also be interlaced, firewire capturing is a clean simple copy process tape to disc.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Jul 29 2013 4:32 PM In reply to

• Ian Nicholson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 965

Avid MC7 still refuses to play ball with my Sony HVR-A1P.

I fired up Magix Movie Editor - a $50 movie editing program. It succeeded in doing what my $1000 Avid software couldn't. What's more, if I powered off the camera, Magix still redetected the camera (and correctly identified the model and all settings, allowing me to capture my footage effortlessly).

This is a bit embarrassing, Avid! Come on, fix these problems! Yes, there are some of us that occasionally resort to tape-based cameras!

MC 8.5.0 on Intel i7 3770K 3.8GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, nVidia GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 2 x 128GB SSD, 13TB disk, 2 x HP 2711x 27" LED monitors, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:10 AM In reply to

Hoping you could help me with this issue. Any any steps you went through to resolve it. Recently made the jump from MC 5 to MC8.4. A new system build, but camera the same. Never had an issue before. Interface seems familiar so confident i am doing everything correctly.

James

Media Composer 8.4. 64bit windows 10,3.5GHz Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 six core, 16GB of 2133MHz DDR4ecc registered RAM, NVIDIA Quadrophonic k2200 graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 7 2015 11:47 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

JamesAV:

Hoping you could help me with this issue. Any any steps you went through to resolve it. Recently made the jump from MC 5 to MC8.4. A new system build, but camera the same. Never had an issue before. Interface seems familiar so confident i am doing everything correctly.

James

Hi James, a couple of things to examine , before the usual , this have never worked , it´s a bug , comments, starts to flow. ( and as you have an empty profile so we know nothing about your new build )

Firewire cards with Texas Instrument chips works best.

The cam needs to be set to HDV out and not auto , your OS also needs to see it, if it doesn´t , Avid won´t see it, be sure to check that the cam is connected and recognized before opening up Avid

Project settings in Avid 1080 and interlaced , capture codec in Avid 1080 MXF HDV .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Oct 9 2015 8:56 AM In reply to

mjolnarn:

Hi James, a couple of things to examine , before the usual , this have never worked , it´s a bug , comments, starts to flow. ( and as you have an empty profile so we know nothing about your new build )

Firewire cards with Texas Instrument chips works best.

The cam needs to be set to HDV out and not auto , your OS also needs to see it, if it doesn´t , Avid won´t see it, be sure to check that the cam is connected and recognized before opening up Avid

Project settings in Avid 1080 and interlaced , capture codec in Avid 1080 MXF HDV .

Right then, I have managed to figure how to update my system specs. 

My cam is set to HDV out. My PC will detect the cam when it is switched on, and i have tried an copy of Pinnacle Studio 14 and that works perfectly capturing video.

My capture interface on avid will let me control my cam . however the ‘V’ is shaded out and when i tried any of the audio track it throws the “ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr: No input signal present” message at me.

Also with shaded out is the Video format selection box.

Completely at a loss. Everythink else is as you suggest.

James

Media Composer 8.4. 64bit windows 10,3.5GHz Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 six core, 16GB of 2133MHz DDR4ecc registered RAM, NVIDIA Quadrophonic k2200 graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 9 2015 9:34 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

James Vickers:

My capture interface on avid will let me control my cam . however the ‘V’ is shaded out and when i tried any of the audio track it throws the “ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr: No input signal present” message at me.

Also with shaded out is the Video format selection box.

Completely at a loss. Everythink else is as you suggest.

James

Yes except for this quoted from above

" Project settings in Avid 1080 and interlaced , capture codec in Avid 1080 MXF HDV "

be sure to have the settings in the capture box , both for video and audio, set to firewire

And, if you are using any I/O device , be sure to toggle it off before opening up the capture window.

a pretty nice PC build btw

Tomas 

• Fri, Oct 9 2015 1:26 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,650
    • Points 46,840
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

First a caveat: Firewire ingest from an HDV camera is broken in 8.4.1 and 8.4.2. You will get the ADM_DIO error.  There is no work around. It works in 8.4.0.

If the video selection is disabled, then MC isn't seeing the firewire port correctly. Try the following (which I think replicates some of the info posted earlier): First, disconnect the camera and check that the camera output via firewire is forced to HDV. If set to automatic it's probably setting itself to DV and then only switches when the tape is played. Reconnect the camera and then reboot the system. Look in the Windows Device Manager under the Sound and Video section for your camera. It may be listed either as an AV/C device, or by the device name. If by name, open the properties for the camera and look under the Details tab. The device description should read AV/C.

Now open MC and start a new 1080i project (either 50 or 59.94 as appropriate). Don't make any other changes, just use the default settings. Open the capture tool and see if the firewire port is available for both video and audio (by default, video will be enabled and set to None, and audio is set to the Windows mixer). If video is not enabled, then MC is having problems identifying the firewire port (this is what's happening with 8.4.1 and up).

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Oct 9 2015 9:21 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

DStone:

First a caveat: Firewire ingest from an HDV camera is broken in 8.4.1 and 8.4.2.

With all the respect Dave , my own sys and Cam doesn´t see that bug , they works just as good as earlier ,  very good .

Just telling .

Tomas 

• Tue, Oct 13 2015 3:16 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,650
    • Points 46,840

Hi Tomas,

I am not the only one reporting this. It may be environmental. Out of curiosity, what firewaire card/chip are you using? The chip on my card is a VIA 1394 OHCI compliant.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Oct 13 2015 11:17 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

DStone:

Hi Tomas,

I am not the only one reporting this. It may be environmental. Out of curiosity, what firewaire card/chip are you using? The chip on my card is a VIA 1394 OHCI compliant.

Hi Dave, as I wrote in another thread Firewire cards with TI ( Texas Instrument ) chipseet is the prefered ones .

Some years ago , when tape capturing was more common Avid even had their own recommended firewire cards.

Cards using Via chipsets wasn´t among those recommended cards , they didn´t even work in the old days of Liquid, if they happened to work with some Avid version it must be more of a coincedence.

Tomas 

• Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:46 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,650
    • Points 46,840

Yeah, that's kind of where my head has been going. I'm going to find a card with a TI chip set and see of that makes a difference.

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller