Latest post Thu, Dec 5 2013 6:58 AM by camoscato. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 2 2013 4:30 AM

• mryahr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 2 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Activating Avid MC 6.5 Problems

I'm trying to activate Avid MC 6.5 which I had previously installed on another computer. I uninstalled the software from the original computer and installed it on my new computer, now that I'm trying to activate this upgrade it's not letting me. I went back to try to deactivate my license off my old comuter but it errors, it says that because I uninstalled the software there's nothing to deactivate- if that's the case then why isn't it letting me activate 6.5 on my new computer? Any suggestions? Any help would be great! 

Molly 

• Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:18 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Re: Activating Avid MC 6.5 Problems

If you still have Avid License tool installed on that other system you should be able to deactivate even if you have uninstalled.

Next time you don´t have to uninstall, just deactivate and activate on another system, wired internet connections are recommended.

If you aren´t able to deactivate using Avid License tool on that old system activation help are free support calls and have threir own dial up number.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:36 AM In reply to

Hi Molly,

The first thing to do is contact Avid support in your area:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Click video on the left side of the page, then select your area from the drop-down menu (it's option 2 from the phone menu).  Contacting support for activation/dongle issues is free.  While you're waiting, you can run MC in trial mode, which is fully functional, and lasts for 30 days.

If you don't get anywhere with support, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and can help you.

ciao,

Carl 

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jul 2 2013 1:40 PM In reply to

• mryahr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 2 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thank you for the quick response! I'll make sure to get in touch with customer service.

• Sun, Dec 1 2013 8:05 AM In reply to

• ZFigas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2006
    • Poland
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,400

Re: Activating Avid MC 7.02 Problems

Hello,

I reinstall my MC 7.02 on new computer. I deactivate MC on old computer and after installation on new computer I try activate it.

Unfortunately Avid Licence Control don't want accept old System ID.

Where I can found it?

Regards

Zb. Figas

HP Z820, 2xE5-2697, 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, MC 2018.12.5, Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000, Boris Red 5.6, BCC 12.0.2, Saphire 11.0.2 Adobe CC. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 2 2013 5:15 PM In reply to

What is the OS of the system you're trying to install on?

Are you sure you are using the correct system ID?  Unless you cleared Avid License Control on your old computer, that info should still be there in case you wanted to re-activate it.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:28 AM In reply to

• ZFigas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2006
    • Poland
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,400

Hello,

Yes, I'm sure. I received a System ID in the oldest version with dongle (I have it yet). While no reinstallation this number has not changed.
    Recently I was using Win 7 Ultimate on HP XW 8600, now on the HP Z820 I have Win 7 Profesional.
    Avid Activation Control ID accepts Activation ID but tells me that the System ID is failed.

Regards

Zbigniew

HP Z820, 2xE5-2697, 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, MC 2018.12.5, Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000, Boris Red 5.6, BCC 12.0.2, Saphire 11.0.2 Adobe CC. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:40 PM In reply to

You are in the Mac forum.  You might get additional help if you post in the Windows forum.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Dec 5 2013 6:58 AM In reply to

Hi Zbigniew,

The same answer I gave to the OP applies to you: for activation issues you have to contact Avid support.  Most of us on the forum are not Avid employees, we're editors, and we don't have the ability to fix activation issues.

If I were in your shoes, I'd contact support, and if for some reason you're not able to resolve it with them, send Marianna an email.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller