Latest post Thu, Aug 31 2017 10:42 PM by BobbyMurcerFan. 281 replies.
Page 3 of 19 (282 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:19 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,247
    • Points 15,780
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: In Memoriam Larry Rubin

My day just screeched to a halt. Larry was one of those few people who you believe actually was in three places at once. The sheer quantity and quality of the interactions he had with people made you wonder if he did anything else at all... which of course he did. Big time. And he was often the only level-headed guy in the room. When he chimed-in, people stopped to listen because he actually had something to say that they could learn from. My thoughts are with his family; with his friends and coworkers; and with all his online pals. And that numbers into the thousands. Thanks Larry, for everything.
    ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)
    WWND (What Would Norman Do?)

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:20 PM In reply to

• Leo153
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 1 2007
    • Lenox, MA
    • Posts 408
    • Points 5,070

Re: Larry Rubin

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.  ~John Taylor

Thank you Larry.

MC 2018.12, BCC 10, Nvidia Quadro K4200,ver.340.84, QT 7.7.4, HP Z840 3.06 12 core, 32 Gig RAM, G-Tech G-Speed eS, 12 TB RAID5, GTech Studio 6TB Thunderbolt... [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:20 PM In reply to

Re: RIP Larry Rubin

:-([:'(]

Shocked is the only word... My condolences to all who knew him especially his family. He felt to me like the father of this forum... He helped so many times.... He's already missed.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:23 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: In Memoriam Larry Rubin

There is no one who frequents this forum who doesn't got help at some time from Larry. I've "known" him through here for many great years.

The most positive i can say is that for many many many years to come he will still help people on this particulair forum who seek help and stumble upon one of his posts.. even when he is no more among us.

Rest in peace Larry! 

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:23 PM In reply to

• Butcher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 17 2006
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 1,442
    • Points 18,650

Larry was an incredible presence on these forums and equally helpful outside of them.  I had a short email exchange with him relating to a project two years ago and he was more than gracious with both his time and his knowledge.  The world lost a incredibly generous soul and he will be greatly missed.

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:25 PM In reply to

• Bad_Jason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 16 2011
    • Posts 18
    • Points 230

Wow, no matter if I was Googling the answer to an Avid/post related question or asking directly on one of the various Avid user forums, it seemed like Larry Rubin was ALWAYS in the mix to help solve my particular problem(s). When I think of all of the things I learned from his posts over the last 10 or so years, it's sort of mind-blowing. I don't know what other to say than... Thank you Larry for being so generous with your time and knowledge. You were a real mensch. ~JWood

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:31 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 612
    • Points 6,960

sad, very sad news!

larry's presence on this forum was so conforting...

will miss you!

symphony 2019.7 - win 10 pro64 v.1803 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (431.70) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:33 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Larry you were the leader here and always will be.

Though I never met You were always so near.

I am proud that I had the good fortune to be associated with a great soul like You.

RIP !

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:34 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,065

Heaven needs good Avid editors too. And one of the best just went home. God bless, and prayers to his family and friends.

Chris Conlee

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:37 PM In reply to

• gumbaedit
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Richmond, VA
    • Posts 522
    • Points 6,870

Larry, you will be missed.  I was always thankful for your insights and help.

Rex

6 core Late 2013 MacPro 3.0 gHz, 16 gigs RAM, MC 8.8.5 on OSX 10.12.4, DNxIO, Flanders CM250, BMD Desktop Video version 10.9.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:45 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Very sad news. RIP Larry.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:54 PM In reply to

I haven't posted much on these forums, but I've referenced them countless times.  These forums are crucial to anyone using Avid professionally and the helpful people who volunteer their time can't be thanked enough.

For me, whenever I came across a helpful post that either solved my problem or pointed me in the right direction, it usually was because of Larry or he was somehow involved somewhere in the thread.  Strangely, that would actually give me a bit of comfort seeing his name, knowing that there's an extrememly experienced and helpful person involved.

So, it is with heavy heart that I'm taking this opportunity to thank Larry for everything he's done for this community.

Godspeed, Larry...

2.5 floors in Midtown NYC consisting of ~60 workstations, primarily Mac Pros with a few iMacs and Mac Minis. I include specific machine specs in my posts... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:00 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Jeroen van Eekeres:
    He felt to me like the father of this forum...

YesMy feeling is also the same.

My father passed away two months back. For the last six months I never took any job to be by his side. I never visited facebook rarely checked my mails. But often visited the forum(though never posted much) because the forum is the 2nd family to me ; and now that I realize he was not only the top poster  here he was the father figure.

Rest in peace Larry !

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:08 PM In reply to

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/41197/234559.aspx#234559

Larry Rubin:

Sep, if I disappear for more than a handful of days, things start to unravel!

It sure feels that way, Larry....

And Sep, Larry is now with you, have fun there! 

Missing you,

Wim 

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:09 PM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,854
    • Points 24,290

There is precious little left to say that hasn't already been posted here.  His presence in these forums will be sorely missed.  He was a mentor, a teacher, and a very philosophic person who truly loved his craft.

We'll miss you Larry,

Denny

Media Composer 2019.6, BCC Continuum 12.5, , Boris Red 5.6., Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows 10 Pro 1803... [view my complete system specs]
Page 3 of 19 (282 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller