Latest post Thu, Aug 31 2017 10:42 PM by BobbyMurcerFan. 281 replies.
Page 2 of 19 (282 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: RIP Larry Rubin

I am shocked right now and do not know what to say. He was a key member of this community.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,619
    • Points 223,340
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Larry Rubin

Jason,

If you have any information on services etc.....

Please call me 813-649-1900 or cell 813-493-6800

I dont want to bother his mom right now....

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:14 PM In reply to

I'm sad to say that Larry Rubin, our friend and colleague, has passed away.

In addition to being a long time editor with Towne Group at the Pentagon Channel, Larry was a pillar of the Avid Forums community. He gave countless hours of his time to helping anyone he could and we all benefited from his advice and insight. His humor, wisdom and even his curmudgeonly (yet good natured) complaining will continue on in the more than twenty-four thousand Avid Forum posts that he wrote.

We'll miss you Larry.

# # #

Jason Stoughton
    RTPO Creative Director/Towne Group
    Defense Media Activity
    youtube.com/rtpoproduction

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:16 PM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,665

I'm shocked and devistated at this news. He was such a great member of the community and helped me so many times. I also had the pleasure of speaking to him over Skype about a year ago. We talked for about 2 hours and I really got to know the friendly and wise man that he wais. The community will never be the same. Rest in peace Larry.

-Benn

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:17 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,344
    • Points 60,335
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

I am so sorry to hear about this terrible news. Larry was such an awesome person and always an encouragement to others here on the forums. He was never condescending or critical of anyone. He will be missed immensely. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:20 PM In reply to

My condolences to his family and friends.....

MC|Software - Symphony 8.4.3, Win 8.1 Pro 64 HP ZBook 17, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5100M 8GB, Dreamcolor, Aja IO Express [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:21 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,619
    • Points 223,340
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

In Memoriam Larry Rubin

Avid Community Family and Friends,

It’s with deep deep sadness that I report we’ve recently learned of the untimely passing of a beloved community member, dear friend, and all around great guy, Larry Rubin. 

Larry as most of you know, gave of himself selflessly to this community and all who came across his path. To inform, to instruct, to educate and often, to entertain. :)  He was a mentor to many, a teacher to most, and a great friend to all and a family member to me.  

His absence here will be felt by all.

We can’t ever hope to replace his presence here, but we can honor his memory.

If you have been touched by Larry’s generosity of time, expertise, and can-do spirit, please feel free to share your fond memory or story as a reply here on this thread.

I am just completely devastated by this news, Larry was a dear friend, who I loved to pieces. I look forward to reading your stories.

With love,

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:22 PM In reply to

I am completely taken aback, Larry's contributions to these forums have no doubt helped millions of users over the years, myself included.  I had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone a number of times and we'd exchange emails every so often. A great guy with a true passion for our industry and all things Avid. 

It is an understatement to say you will be missed Larry. 

I wanted to add that his last posting here seems to have been Saturday night at just after 8pm.  If that's not a testament to the kind of guy Larry was - helping a complete stranger on a Saturday night - I don't know what is. 

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:25 PM In reply to

• Hershleder
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, California, USA
    • Posts 151
    • Points 1,805
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      BlogAuthor

We'll all miss you Larry...

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, i7 – OS 10.10.5 – 16 GB RAM – MC version 8.6.x - Adobe CC. [view my complete system specs]

Use your Avid super-powers for good, not evil:

"The Avid Media Composer Cookbook"

http://tinyurl.com/avidmc-book

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:34 PM In reply to

• TKT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 12 2010
    • Chicago, IL, US
    • Posts 16
    • Points 190

Still hoping this is a bad joke...

RIP Larry!

Dell Precision T7600; six-core Xeon 2.0; 8GB RAM; Quadro 4000; Win 7 Pro 64; MC 7 with Symp; Boris Red 5, BCC 8 AVX/AE, Boris Blue 2.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:38 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,344
    • Points 60,335
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: In Memoriam Larry Rubin

He was a great person who had a very humble, servant attitude. He often sent me emails referring me to a post that he thought I would be interested in, usually related to advertising. I admired and respected him immensely. He was an inspiration to all and a model of how others should be treated and respected.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:40 PM In reply to

Sverkalo is so sad. He was a mentor of good behaviour to me. And that says a lot.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(411.95)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2019.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:46 PM In reply to

• Saylur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Laguna Woods CA
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,115

This is very sad news.His help and advice will be missed.

Mike 

MC-6.0.5,MB Asus Z87 Expert 1150 ATX,Intel Core i7 4770 3.4 Ghz CPU,32GB Kingston DDR3 Mem.,Samsung 840 250GB SSD,Win 7 Pro SP 1, QT 7.7.3,PNY Quadro K2000... [view my complete system specs]

Regards

Mike

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:46 PM In reply to

• Red Ochre
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 27 2006
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 335
    • Points 4,230

He helped me many times and I learned so much just by reading what he had to say. Sad.

• Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:59 PM In reply to

This is a very sad day for the Avid Community.

Is there anyone on this forum who can't say that Larry helped them at one point or another?

His dedication to helping others is demonstrated by almost 25,000 posts, many of which occurred on nights and weekends.

He will truly be missed, and could never be replaced.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 2 of 19 (282 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller