Latest post Mon, May 27 2013 1:45 PM by Bob Jones. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 27 2013 8:23 AM

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

changing avid presets on effects...

9 times out of 10 i want a white flash.. not a black flash... is there a way of changing the dip to colour, fade to and fade from to e default white not black?

is it posisble to change preset parameters of effects.?

thanks

Bob

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

• Mon, May 27 2013 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: changing avid presets on effects...

You can't change the presets, but you can save an effect once you've got it set up the way you like it by dragging the effect icon (pink rectangle) from the top corner of the effect editor window to a bin.  Then when you want to apply the effect to a transition or clip, drag it from the bin to the transition or clip.

So to use dip to color as an example:

1. Add dip to color to a transition.

2. In effects mode, change the color from black to white.

3. Drag the effect icon from the effect editor to a bin.

Now you've saved the dip to color with a white transition instead of black, and can apply it from the bin to other transitions.

Hope that helps.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, May 27 2013 9:08 AM In reply to

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

thanks.. that i know.. I was just looking for the even easier option of not even having to do that.. ! (lets say it's a slow day at work.. and this is what i seem to spend my time thinking about )

appreciate the response..

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

• Mon, May 27 2013 9:46 AM In reply to

Bob Jones:
    I was just looking for the even easier option of not even having to do that.. !

I don't think there is.

Bob Jones:
    lets say it's a slow day at work.. and this is what i seem to spend my time thinking about

Great discoveries are often made that way.  :)

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Mon, May 27 2013 10:36 AM In reply to

• Allan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Denmark
    • Posts 291
    • Points 3,545

I supose you can export/import effects, creating a VFX libary

13 edit stations Educational MC 6.5.2 in use, MC 6.5.3 under reliability test, MC 7 under consideration workflow test, dongles with troubles, AVID ISIS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 27 2013 11:12 AM In reply to

Allan:
    I supose you can export/import effects, creating a VFX libary

You don't even need to do that.  What many people do is create a permanent project, and keep all their leaders, countdowns, slates, etc in that project.  You could also keep a bin full of effects in it, and just open it from whatever project you happen to be in without worrying about accidentally deleting it when you clear the project out at the end.

• Mon, May 27 2013 12:34 PM In reply to

• daapap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 524
    • Points 6,910

if you save the effects you want to use time and again to a bin called "Quick Transitions" and open that bin in your project you will have the effects with the individual settings and names you give them in the drop down menu of the quick transition dialogue with the "apply to all"-options included.

in mc6 you might want to save a bin layout containing this bin and drag this setting into the site settings. so it will open up with every project.

• Mon, May 27 2013 12:52 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

daapap:

if you save the effects you want to use time and again to a bin called "Quick Transitions" and open that bin in your project ]

As it says, that´s for transitions, for effects the bin should be named just FX

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, May 27 2013 12:55 PM In reply to

• daapap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Germany
    • Posts 524
    • Points 6,910

he is looking for a way to set a default "dip to white". since this is a transition "Quick Transitions" is the way to go.

• Mon, May 27 2013 12:58 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

daapap:

he is looking for a way to set a default "dip to white". since this is a transition "Quick Transitions" is the way to go.

for transitions thats the way to go, just wanted to clarify the differences as effects was mentioned

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, May 27 2013 1:45 PM In reply to

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

Daapap...

Thanks for that.. i like the quick transitions link into the menu.. thats handy.. appreciate it !

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller