Latest post Sun, May 26 2013 8:13 PM by bilbo. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 26 2013 8:13 PM

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 26 2013
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Workspaces, Keyboard settings etc...

Hi dear people.

I just installed the new patch, so I'm on 6.5.2.1

I noticed that it is not possible to open any more 2 keyboards at the same time, in order to affiliate some keys from one keyboard to another, or just to compare different keyboards.

Why is it so? It feels like a downgrade to me.

Since MC 6. The superbin has been replaced with the time consuming tab system and a bin-layout, which in the practice doesn't is of a great help, because it depends which bin is open. 

With the new workspace system, which is more confusing and more time consuming as it was before, it is not possibe anymore to select a workspace, change it and save it in one already existing workspace. As a result you have - in order to have slightly different workspaces - to delete the one you want to replace, load the similar one change it, save it and affiliae the link by name, not only telling "affiliate by name" but typing the name again.

The rows of data up (timecodes) are now in small windows. Therefore, they are smaller, more difficult to read and they take more space. 

The smart tool can still not be invisible and fully inactive. It takes space and older user does not need it. 

On the top of it, asymmetric trimming became difficult since this option. The clicking on rollers react often in an absurd way.

Why is it so? When comes the update allowing this feature to be inactive? It feels like a downgrade to me.

They are many features which need enhancement! Why changing the good working features?

Greetings, Bilbo 

Teaching: MC Apple or windows, Liquid (until 2 years ago), Premiere, FCP... Also Flash, Director, AE. Using: MC, FCP 7 & X At Home: MC 7.04 interplay... [view my complete system specs]

I love words, even if they make me crazy and are responsible for most of the fights and wars. I don't like these last two. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller