Latest post Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:02 PM by AC_edit. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 23 2013 2:14 PM

edl manager not opening avid 5.5

hey, it would be amazing if someone had any help with this..

EDL manager not opening in Avid 5.5, it's installed, but wont open. it just hangs.

EDL manager is installed, wont open outside of avid also.

Need to use it to get back to orginal Red rushes. Anyone got any ideas?

oh - if i try to uninstall avid (i thought a clean install may help) i can't. the unistaller does not see the software, even though i installed where suggested

any help would be greatfully recived!!!

thanks

Nathan

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, May 23 2013 2:38 PM In reply to

Re: edl manager not opening avid 5.5

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 23 2013 3:00 PM In reply to

hey..thanks so much...i did do a search, but this didnt seem to come up. sorry..

i had a look here, within my settings folder there is nothing. in fact nothing in any of these folders (avidfatalerrorreports/EDL_temp_Folder/EDL_User_Settings/reports/Settings)

which makes me think herin lies the problem. I wonder if there is a way just to re-install the EDL manager???

thanks for your help.

>I figured this out.

In case anybody else has this issue, go to users/shared/edlmanager/avid users/settings and trash the folder called EDLSettings.avs.

The last time I used EDL manager was in 2010 and I used the template RED_16, which has been replaced in newer versions with File-16. This old setting file was causing the error.

• Thu, May 23 2013 3:38 PM In reply to

Thanks for coming back and posting the answer!

Glad you were able to figure it out!

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, May 23 2013 10:32 PM In reply to

oh sorry, that's misleading, I haven't figured it out....all the folders are empty for me, so no settings file to delete...

but i think this may be my problem? there should be files within these folders, so my question now is, Can i install EDL manager by itself??? theat may fix this? worth a go anyhow...

• Fri, May 24 2013 4:11 PM In reply to

EDL Manager is installed as part of the entire package.  You might be able to run the uninstaller and un-check everything except EDL Manager.  Then run your original installer and just check that for install.

You also might find it easier to just do the whole thing.  Make sure you have the latest version of 5.5 that your system supports, in case there are bug fixes you have missed.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:33 AM In reply to

hello all...

so did a fresh install, same problem...any ideas??? i need this to work. it just hangs, if i toggle to it, i get the small watch icon...

thanks guys

• Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:11 AM In reply to

solved!

the fresh install didnt work - so i tried uninstalling just edl manger, the uninstaller kept crashing - so i used an app call 'App Cleaner' to delete edl manager - then install it again (just edl manger) this worked! 

now i can grade my lovely red rushes. woop! hope this helps someone

• Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:02 PM In reply to

• AC_edit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 20 2011
    • San Francisco, CA
    • Posts 49
    • Points 510

Thanks, Nathan!

I was having the same problem uninstalling.  A quick web query brough me to this thread.  Within 2:00 of reading this, I was able to locate, download & install "App Cleaner", sucessfully uninstall the errant EDL Manager, reinstall EDL Manager, and export an EDL that I needed to get out for grading.

Worked like a charm.

- AC

MC v8.3.1 & v7.0.4 / 17" Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz Core i7 w/16GB Ram, 500GB HD/7200rpm / OS 10.9.5 / AJA Io 4K **AVID Editorial since 1991** [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller