Latest post Sat, May 11 2013 8:31 AM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 11 2013 7:19 AM

Avid opening in separate windows

Hi there,

I have tried searching for this but didn't really know what exactly it was called so apologies if this is a really stupid question.

When I open Avid everything is a separate window, the timeline, the viewing window etc etc.  This drives me insane as I can see my desktop peeking through the holes and it's really distracting.  It used to open in one whole window, and if i wanted to minimise it I could do so with one click, not multiple clicks as I have to do now.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

iMac with OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan Media composer 8.6.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 11 2013 8:31 AM In reply to

Re: Avid opening in separate windows

Michelle Sokolich:

It used to open in one whole window, and if i wanted to minimise it I could do so with one click, not multiple clicks as I have to do now.

Any ideas?

Simple. Click on the Avid Express Pro pulldown menu just to the right of the apple icon and choose "Hide Express Pro". To remount it, click on the Avid icon in the dock.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller