Latest post Thu, Apr 18 2013 4:01 PM by Todd Sanderson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:22 AM

• moorooduc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 30 2012
    • Posts 11
    • Points 145

exporting problem - nothing but a GREEN frame

Hi everybody,

I have basically the same problem like this user here: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/110222/638843.aspx

Unfortunately his posting and the reply does not resolve issue.

What happens is that the file I am exporting from AVID to soerenson squeeze turns into a steady green background frame with only the audio. The original footage came from a DV camera and is in 1080i. I have other footage in the same project which came from the same camera but was imported to FinalCut some years ago and later imported into AVID from the files.

I don't know what causes the problem.

best regards,

Christian

ps: my presets in squeeze work fine with material that was imported into FCP first, but the same presets produce a green screen only with the other material. also, I export all videos in two different codecs/sizes/qualities. So, I guess the problem is unrelated to my settings within squeeze.

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:19 AM In reply to

Re: exporting problem - nothing but a GREEN frame

Hi Christian,

moorooduc:
    The original footage came from a DV camera and is in 1080i.

Which camera?  Which format/frame rate?  Is the footage linked via AMA, transcoded from AMA, imported from files, or captured from tape?  If transcoded, imported, or captured, what resolution is it?

moorooduc:
    the file I am exporting from AVID to soerenson squeeze turns into a steady green background frame with only the audio.

What steps are you taking to export the file?  What export settings have you chosen?

Finally, what version of what Avid product are you using?

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:38 AM In reply to

• moorooduc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 30 2012
    • Posts 11
    • Points 145

camoscato:

Which camera?  Which format/frame rate?  Is the footage linked via AMA, transcoded from AMA, imported from files, or captured from tape?  If transcoded, imported, or captured, what resolution is it?

It was captured on a Sony HDR-HC1 HDV. The format was HDV 1080i/50. The frame rate is 25fps. The footage was not linked via AMA or transcoded from AMA, but recorded from tape into AVID. the "get info" option says what I have written above HDV 1080i/50 and 25fps.

camoscato:

What steps are you taking to export the file?  What export settings have you chosen?

I splice the marked portion of the file into the timeline and then simply hit "sent to / encoding / sorenson squeeze". the setting are pretty much the default ones (see attached screenshot).

screenshot

camoscato:

Finally, what version of what Avid product are you using?

I am using AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 6.5.0

thanks for your help!!!

• Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:11 AM In reply to

I may be wrong, but I think you can't do a QT reference movie with HDV footage.  To test this theory, duplicate your sequence, and do all the following steps to the duplicate.

1. Cut it down to 15 seconds.  That way the test won't take a long time.

2. Do a video mixdown to a DNxHD resolution.  I think DNxHD 120 is a choice for 1080i/50.  If not, pick the highest DNxHD number available.

3. Replace the video in the sequence with the mixdown video.

4. Export.

If that export works, and you can see the picture, then I'm right about QT ref/HDV, and the solution is to do a mixdown of your final sequence prior to exporting.

If it doesn't work, and you still get a green screen, then it's something else and we'll have to keep troubleshooting.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:53 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

camoscato:

I may be wrong, but I think you can't do a QT reference movie with HDV footage. 

Actually it´s possible but it isn´t free, you need to buy extra codecs from Calibrated software for Squeeze or other applications to read that QT ref.

To transcode to DNx before exporting a QT ref is free of course..

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, Apr 18 2013 4:01 PM In reply to

Honestly.... save your self the pain and just export QT mov's.  I gave up on QT ref files eon's ago.  Too many potential pitfalls.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller