Latest post Wed, May 15 2013 8:40 PM by abeschorner. 52 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 13 2013 1:53 PM In reply to

Re: MC/SN 6.5.2.1 and 6.0.3.4 Patch Files NOW AVAILABLE

It should work quite well, so there must be something with your system that is causing an issue, especially since this is through multiple verisons of the software.

Some bascis:

1. Have you run any kind of disk repair utility?  (Disk Warrior, for example)
    2. Repaired permissions?
    3. Verified that your internal drive's permissions are set wide open?

If you've checked all of these, are you able to do a clean OS install?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, May 13 2013 5:22 PM In reply to

Greetings Kevin,

the permissions might be an issue. I checked them and it seems that a lot -- including for instance mounted UBS sticks -- seems to be read only where it should be be as such. I will try a chmod on the disk utility and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice,

Andy

• Mon, May 13 2013 7:12 PM In reply to

Hi again,

I found another thread dealing with the issue, and I could not beleive that AVID coders seems to have completely ignored case sensitive file systems. Being a programmer myself, I am absolutely NOT switching to a not case sensitive file system, and I think it is an absolute MUST to support HTFS+ or any case sensitivity.

Here the link to the thread:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/114739/664078.aspx#664078

I am really angry meanwhile, bought the product more than two years ago and have not yet been able to use it a single time on OS X. 

I decided to escalate this problem to the management as it exists since several years without the development team seaming to care about it at all. Any idea where and how escalate issues to the higher levels? I have no option using a non case sensitive disk format, as I develope myself and we USE correct case sensitive standards, my employer just does not allow otherwise.

Thanks for help,

Andy

• Mon, May 13 2013 7:41 PM In reply to

After renaiming sevelar files I was able to start Registration, but afterwards MC 652 quittet with the error:

" Exception: A serious error has occured!

It is recommended that you immediately save your work and restart the system"

Marvellous exception handling, dearest programmers. I think I will retur the product, ask for the money and switch to a different tool from a different company. Really. This sums it up....

• Tue, May 14 2013 1:55 PM In reply to

Sorry you are having issues with this.  If you purchased MC recently, you do get one support phone call.  I'd certainly suggest you use it before returning the product.

There is no doubt something finicky about your system, as thousands and thousands of users are able to install and launch MC without issue.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, May 14 2013 4:38 PM In reply to

• duckyou
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • NJ
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,260

Are we still holding at OS 10.8.2?  

I'm still at OS 10.6.8 on one of my machines and Apple said "Sorry, can't give you 10.8.2 anymore"

Can I intstall MC6.5 or 6.5.2.1 while still at OS 10.6.8?

Thanks

Mac 8 core, 12gB ram, OX 10.8.4, Media Composer 7.0, AJA IO Express or Matrox Mini Max [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 14 2013 5:10 PM In reply to

At this time, no version of MC is qualified for 10.8.3. When MC 7 gets released, it will be qualified for 10.8.3. According to the version matrix, MC 6.5 is qualified for 10.7.1 through 10.8.2. However, some users in the community have been successful getting version 6 to run on 10.6.8.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, May 15 2013 8:40 PM In reply to

Greetings Kevin,

I do not think that two of my ststems are obscure, I am convinced the case sensitive file system is the problem, as other users have experienced the same kind of problem, too, see the links

http://c2.avid.com/forums/p/104663/605460.aspx

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/115506.aspx

Why, more than 15 years after DOS has gone, are programmers not able to care about case sensitivity? Sibelius, NI, Cubase, Ableton -- all are running well on my system.

Best regards,

Andy

P.S.: As mentioned before I just can not format my systen case insensitive, as I am a programmer myself and need to consider exactly those aspects...

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller