Latest post Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:13 PM by Eric Hill. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:49 PM

• JB Jacobs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 19 2013
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

MC v6.5 - Export Issue (Segmentation fault)

Exception: std::exception, what:"Segmentation fault" in thread "Adopted Thread", at address   0x0

Above is the error I keep recieving when trying to export anything from MC. I have attempted to make a fresh new export preset and no luck. The only fix I have found is setting my in/out points and then closing the program, re-opening it, and immediately exporting. Anytime I leave the program open from more than 2-3 minutes I get this annoying error. 

Any ideas? It seems i'm not the only person getting it, I have spoken with other assistants who are getting it as well. It seems to be a v6.0 & v6.5 issue only. 

Thanks!

Mac OS - 10.7.4 Processor - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory - 12GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 8:15 PM In reply to

• ppohio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 28 2012
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,435

Re: MC v6.5 - Export Issue (Segmentation fault)

Hey JB,

I believe this is the same issue others have been reporting in this thread:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/109904.aspx

This has been developing for some time. In that thread mod Kevin asked if we could provide thie following:

1. Version of MC / Apple OS.
    2. Project type.
    3. Footage format and if AMA'ed or not.
    4. Export settings.

Over the weekend I had some time to test out when this was occurring for me, and I am having the problem only with h.264 exports. SAS or exporting to Avid DNxHD works fine even over multiple exports. I am now just using SAS or Avid DNxHD all the time and then compressing in Squeeze, but I do still feel that we shouldn't be getting this error when trying to do h.264 exports because there are times when you just need to kick out a quick and dirty h.264 for the client. Also in my experience when I get the segmentation fault error I have to restart Avid completely in order to work again.

My situation:

1. Avid MC 6.5.2 / ML 10.8.2
    2. 1080p 23.98 Project
    3. XDCAM / Avid DNxHD 36/115/175
    4. Quicktime h.264, 2500kbps, single pass, 128 AAC audio

For the project information though, I have experienced this error with almost every project I've worked on in the past year and a half, and those have been AMA, non-AMA, Avid DNxHD, XDCAM, 1080p, 720p, etc - so I haven't been able to pin it down to the footage.

I know this isn't going to solve the issue, JB, just trying to get the ball rolling again on this being addressed.

Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz, Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, 8GB RAM OS X Lion 10.9.1 Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 8:34 PM In reply to

• JB Jacobs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 19 2013
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Thanks for the reply, I have read those threads, I only posted because it seems the issue has not been resolved yet. It's kind of a big issue when trying to kick out h.264 files quickly for client.

Mac OS - 10.7.4 Processor - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory - 12GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:13 PM In reply to

• Eric Hill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 4 2011
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,600

Agreed.  I too hope to see this resolved quickly.  It's tremendously embarrasing when you have clients in the room and you have to constantly restart Avid to kick out exports.

MC 8.4.0, OS X 10.9.5, mid-2010 MacPro, 2x2.66 GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AJA IO Express, Editshare (build 6.4.0.6-0) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller