Latest post Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:57 PM by Haze. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:06 AM

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Avid XDCAM consolidate error

Ive been importing material from XDCAM disks week in and week out, but now suddenly the method I use wont work and it gives me the message; "exception: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the ama-plug-in"

How my workflow is; I insert the XDCAM disk, it opens in Avid, I put all the clips I want to keep on a new sequence to later delete the empty audiotracks that comes with an XDCAM disk, then I consolidate the sequence to the unity. This usually works flawlessly, until now.

We just started using XMPilot here for the scripting on-set, and this is the first time I try importing material where the XMPilot has been used. Could there be some issues with this? The clips play fine from the disk, but its just the consolidating part that doesnt work.

I googled some, and someone suggested it could be because the XDCAM disk doesnt have a unique diskname / label, so I tried changing this by rightclicking the clips, modify, then change the source and give it a tape name. This didnt help, and I also tried changing the disk label without success.

Any ideas?

• Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:45 AM In reply to

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Re: Avid XDCAM consolidate error

Really no one has experienced the same issues around here, or can think of a solution? It is getting extremely frustrating, and Im running short on time :(

• Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:41 AM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,423
    • Points 15,660

Try using XDCAM Browser first disk to the HDD and then AMA volume link and consolidation.

We'll find out if it's a problem XD driver, or MC.

Alternatively reinstall XDCAM AMA.

V.

AVID MC2020.08, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 442.50, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:57 PM In reply to

• Haze
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 764
    • Points 10,205

We aren't using Pilot yet.

We use XDCAM Browser to make the select list (AAF).  Import the XDCAM clips to MC and then transcode to DNxHD rather than consolidate.  We utilize Flipfactory which requires a QT ref file - (QTref isn't available for XDCAM media).

I haven't tested again lately, but as I recall the meta data stayed intact with the work flow above.

Avid DS 11 | Z800, Symphony 6.5 | HP xw 8600, MC 6.5 | HP Z400, Unity Storage [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller