Latest post Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:06 PM by Mark Spano. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:27 PM

• CassidyD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 9 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 170

Relinking AMA files to Automatic Duck Sequence

So we recently transfered a huge project (about 300 hours of footage) over to AVID 6.5 from FCP 7. I have AMA linked all the ProRes footage we were using for FCP already. Now I'm trying to transfer over the sequences we had already cut together. I'm using Automatic Duck to export the sequences (checking the "prepare for AMA relink" box), exports from FCP and imports into MC 6.5 no problem. All the footage is offline which is to be expected, except now I can't get the footage to relink to my ProRes files. The most frustrating part is two of my clips DID relink properly, but none of the rest will. As far as I can tell there is no difference between these two clips and any of the the other ones. Is there any way to manually tell MC what file to relink to like you can in FCP? Or is there some trick to getting these clips to relink? I have all these clips already in my project, all linked up and running fine, why is it the clips from these sequences can't link up?

• Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:21 PM In reply to

Re: Relinking AMA files to Automatic Duck Sequence

Have you tried using the relink command with the selected open bins option?

Didn't you check the workflow completely first?

It's a massive risk changing workflow mid job unless you know it works and have tested it comepletely.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:06 PM In reply to

Re: Relinking AMA files to Automatic Duck Sequence

Relinking is easiest when clips have the same: name, time code, tape name.

Copy the sequence into a bin by itself. Go to bin hamburger menu and choose Set Bin Display. Check the box that says Show Reference Clips. Now your bin will have your sequence, plus all of the clips the sequence is referring to. These are the clips that must match your AMA clips name for name, time code for time code (including DF / NDF), and tape name for tape name. Change what you need to in this view. Changing name and time code can be done straight from the menu. Change tape names by right-click and choose Modify / Source. Once you have everything matched up, turn off the Show Reference Clips, make sure your AMA footage bin is open, then right-click the sequence and choose Relink. Make the Relink dialog box look like this:

Hopefully if all goes well, the rest of your sequence will come online. If only parts, repeat the process and look for things like the above that might not match. Also try the checkbox there that says Allow relinking between tape and file based media.

Relinking is difficult sometimes, but I find almost every time it can be done, with some effort.

Mac OS X 10.9.5, MC/Symphony v8.4.2, Nitris DX, AJA ioExpress Sony HDCAM-SR SRW-5500 Panasonic AJ-3700HD D5 etc. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller