Latest post Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:19 AM by Lars M. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:48 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,732
    • Points 224,760
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I don't want to leave MC when I do Effects!

The title is a statement I hear quite a lot when I suggest using AvidFX to do some effect.

I cannot understand why working inside of AvidFX, through the AVX bridge is considered as outside of MC.

After some pondering today, I decided to make this small Video to illustrate my confusion.

http://www.screencast.com/t/tEudiOwvkk4

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:56 PM In reply to

Re: I don't want to leave MC when I do Effects!

Good point Douglas. Add to the contents of this video that:

You can add multiple effects without Nesting.
    Almost any of the effects in Avid's Effect palette can be done in Avid FX
    A lot of other effects are also available in Avid FX
    Build complex effects that can easily be saved as templates... etc

As an easy way to learn the power and benefits Avid FX has been provided by Douglas's tutorials (and Boris TV) it puzzles me when people do not want to add such a powerful option to their toolset

• Sat, Feb 2 2013 10:35 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,410
    • Points 15,525

AndrewAction:
    As an easy way to learn the power and benefits Avid FX has been provided by Douglas's tutorials (and Boris TV) it puzzles me when people do not want to add such a powerful option to their toolset

I agree.

Boris should pay gold Douglas. Smile

I opened his tutorials unsuspected possibilities.

V.

AVID MC2019.6 - dongle, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 411.95, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:50 PM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,665

AndrewAction:

Good point Douglas. Add to the contents of this video that:

it puzzles me when people do not want to add such a powerful option to their toolset

1- AvidFx is not installed in many network and post house environments

2- Conforming 15:1s to hd when using AvidFX is not pretty unlike avx.

3- Most online editors have never used it, so if you land an AvidFx on them the Series Producer will freak out and call you in a panic on the weekend whilst you're trying to sleep...this happened to me the other day.

• Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:12 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,410
    • Points 15,525

Nnata:
    3- Most online editors have never used it, so if you land an AvidFx on them the Series Producer will freak out and call you in a panic on the weekend whilst you're trying to sleep...this happened to me the other day.

I think it's a problem of access to work. We all have the feeling that in the editing room, it's done now. But when they go into graphic production, feel free to come to check in two days. This is needed to explain the unstable: to graphic work directly in the editing room, it will just take longer, give us time and come .......
    V.

AVID MC2019.6 - dongle, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 411.95, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:19 AM In reply to

• Lars M
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 5 2010
    • Larvik, Norway
    • Posts 203
    • Points 2,445

In my opinion, not leaving MC gives me more time on FX...

My toolBOX  setup is;

A saw (MC 6.5), a hammer (AvidFX 6), a monkeywrench (BCC 8), a screwdriver (FEC 7) and a grinder (MBL 2.0). No export needed, no time waiting. Pretty sweet I think.

MC 2019.8 | W10 PRO 64bit | MB ASUS X99 | INTEL i7-5930K OC@4,1mHz | 64GB Corsair Dominator 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM |Samsung 912 PRO M.2 512TB boot drive| ASUS... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller