Latest post Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:23 PM by Tom Pearson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:21 PM

• Gerry S
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 25 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

v5 media composer to Symphony 6.5 up grade a few questions

I have a few questions

1. I am going to do the install on a fresh bootable partition I know I have to deactivate Verson 5 but do I have to uninstall it even though it is on another partition?

2. If I decide 6.5 symphony is a bit unstable on my system, or I just don't like it' I install 5.5 Symphony?

3. if the answer is no can I reactivate v5.

cheers 

Gerry 

• Sat, Jan 26 2013 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: v5 media composer to Symphony 6.5 up grade a few questions

1. No need to uninstall MC on that original partition.

2. If you are on a dongle, your Symph 6.5 dongle MIGHT let you run 5.5 (not sure, it may very well be that the dongle would has to have been blessed for 5.5 at one time for that to work). But here's the thing: you want to go to 6.5.2 and you won't look back to 5.5. 6.5.2 is a solid release.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:23 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,173
    • Points 23,315

Re: v5 media composer to Symphony 6.5 up grade a few questions

symphony is not back wards compatable to mc(license wise)  you will need a seperate license for mc 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller