Latest post Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:33 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:57 AM

• tjchittz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 16 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Upstream Pipe Stall/Exception Core Audio Underrun etc

HELP! 

I'm into the final part of my pretty important Masters Univerisity Project and suddenly all is not well at all.

Just opening Avid seems to be life threatening to it. Colour wheel of doom is now ever-present with the subject title error messages appearing one after another.

I thought it might be the final part of the sequence that it couldn't handle so I've tried moving that but it seems none of it wants to play now.

I'm writing to 1tb of a network drive and have only used 200gb. I'm on Amc 6 off a dongle. 

Processor: 2x3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DiMM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256 MB

Software MAc OS X Lion 10.7.3

Any suggestions from anyone as to how I can make everything run more smoothly and, ultimately, stop me having these error messages or tell me why I'm getting them at least.

Thanks in advance. 

• Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,268
    • Points 231,960
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Upstream Pipe Stall/Exception Core Audio Underrun etc

HI there...

First do us a favor and add your specifications to your profile.  Select your name in the upper right corner and the select Edit Profile on the left nav bar.

Second, a lot of times this error is caused by something polling the USB bus frequently.  Do you have ANYTHING attached to the Mac's USB like a Mic, Tablet, CD drive,etc..... if so, remove it and try again.  You might have to also disable the System Extensions/Control Panels installed for said device.

If the problem still persists......

It can mean that one of the drives being used for media is spinning too slowly to capture/playback media at a fast enough rate or is fragmented. It could also indicate problems with the audio card on the computer.   If using IDE drives, make sure your drives have ultra DMA mode enabled. You can find out how to check DMA status in other entries on the Knowledge Center. 

All else fails.... call support.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller