Latest post Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:35 PM by dugmoore. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 13 2013 3:29 PM

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Pan and zoom after consolidating

I've consolidated a sequence with several pan and zoom effects on graphics. After I relinked the media, the pan and zoom graphics were black. It seems that the effect had defaluted to background: show color: black after consolidating. I went in to each effect and changed it to "show video" and this got the image back, but I lost the zoom. The key frames are stil there, though.

Any workarounds to get this back quickly? I'm not looking forard to recreating each effect. I'm also worried that if I'm on a 45 minute show with a lot of graphics that I'll be hosed.

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:20 PM In reply to

Re: Pan and zoom after consolidating

Do you have a copy of the sequence before you consolidated? The Pan & Zooms in that should still be good and you can edit them back into the consolidated timeline.

dugmoore:
    I'm also worried that if I'm on a 45 minute show with a lot of graphics that I'll be hosed.
    Plan for it by editing all Pan and zooms onto their own video layer.
    Before consolidating duplicate the sequence. Delete the Pan and Zoom video track and consolidate. Edit the pan and Zoom track back into the consolidated sequence.

I assume you do not consolidate before outputting the sequence. I would also create and keep a video mixdown of the final timeline as my backup

• Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:35 PM In reply to

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Re: Pan and zoom after consolidating

Thanks Andrew! I'm glad I found this out on a short project. I have some videos in the near future that will be almost all pans and zooms, and this just made it all a lot easier to plan for when archiving.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller