Latest post Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:57 PM by Typhon2007. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:57 PM

• eyeqjim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago & Burbs (Geneva)
    • Posts 177
    • Points 2,340

How do I install P2 Drivers into Avid?

I downloaded the 64bit P2 drivers off the panasonic website for windows 64bit...I have a new 6.5 Avid composer, new Dell T3500 six core, windows 7 pro, 24gig memory and Quadro 2000 card as well bought a back up FX 3800 in case I needed it...also purchased but yet to install Matrox Le mini I think it is...was $549 from Videoguys and they said it would help with BR DVD processing...Anyway...I have yet to see this Avid do ANYTHING...except open up...can't get footage into the bins...1 person said to download the folder from a P2 card to the desktop and open it via AMA link to volume...that did not work...another said download footage from the camera via USB into Avid...when nothing worked I called Avid and was told the program works, seek advise from Panasonic

Advid said to open MC 6.5 and go to the tools file...open the console and see if P2 appears in the little box that opens...it did not...I typed in ama_listplugins and P2 was not there...so, I downloaded the P2 drivers from Panasonic...and now I do not know HOW to get them into Avid...it does not seem to be an automatic situation for me...any thoughts?

Avid Media Composer online Dell 7810 Dual Dell 17in monitors / DV keyboard [view my complete system specs]

Cheers!

• Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:34 PM In reply to

• Typhon2007
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 4 2010
    • Brussels - Belgium
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,025

Re: How do I install P2 Drivers into Avid?

Hi.

You have to instal the P2 AMA plugin:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Download/en394531

You can do so for other file format:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Avid-Media-Access/plug-ins

I hope that will help.

Thierry

15x z420 - MC 8.7.2 - ISIS 5500 3x64TB - Interplay 3.5 - ProTools 12.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 24 2012 5:03 AM In reply to

• eyeqjim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago & Burbs (Geneva)
    • Posts 177
    • Points 2,340

Thierry,

Thank you...this worked and I owe you a big one. A good friend of mine just returned from Belguin and I hear you have the worlds best beer out there...I will try to obtain you a couple of cold ones and drop you a line if I get these and if so, I'll arrange you getting them. Thanks again...I finally got a clip to the time line!!!

Avid Media Composer online Dell 7810 Dual Dell 17in monitors / DV keyboard [view my complete system specs]

Cheers!

• Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:57 PM In reply to

• Typhon2007
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 4 2010
    • Brussels - Belgium
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,025

I'm happy I was helpfull. The AMA world is a basis on MediaCoposer so a lot of people would have been able to help.

Glad that you heard about our small country. Beer is one of our proud!

http://www.retaildetail.eu/nl/eur-europe/eur-food/item/13709-worlds-best-beer-westvleteren-officially-exported-for-the-first-time

Have fun editing

Thierry

15x z420 - MC 8.7.2 - ISIS 5500 3x64TB - Interplay 3.5 - ProTools 12.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller