Latest post Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:57 AM by berlinelli. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:57 AM

• berlinelli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 13 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

importing mts files into avid media composer 3

I am working with Avid Media Composer 3 running on Mac OS X 10.5.5

I need to transcode or convert a few mts-files to be able to import them - as the rest of the project i am working on is SD - they should be transformed into SD

I tried to use mpeg stream clip, adding the required quicktime component - doesn't work: error "unrecognized file". Deinstalling mpeg stream clip and installing it again after adding the component didn't help either.

I also found a few video converters, mostly not free, but I am facing the problem that they don't convert into mov or dv files - plus: it takes hours, only to convert one file - without knowing if the result is usable.

the most helpful post I found here:

http://www.slashcam.de/info/MTS-Files---AVCHD--in-Avid-MC-5-importieren--499642.html

I downloaded ffmpeg but am facing the problem that I am totally not able to use the program (sorry, I am no technician, no cutter, just a producer)

Could anyone tell me what exactly I need to tell ffmpeg to make it do what i want - or else:

give me an alternative solution to this problem?

THANK YOU

Sarah

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller