Latest post Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:16 AM by John Moore. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:42 PM

• Dave Lynch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 20 2011
    • West Hartford, CT
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Cannot Capture Anymore Via SDI

Running Symphony 6.0.3 on a MacPro w/ Nitris DX Box/Fibre/Unity 5.1

Recently broke down system to accomodate some office construction...put everything back together and everything works fine...except capturing from tape via HDSDI.  The audio can be captured, but when video is selected in the capture tool, we get this error:

Assertion failed:  newBounds = I_sampleBounds

/Snapshots/relengsnow6_1343949798/corew/ame/Projects/Mac/=/=/src/Consumers/Devices/Moncon.cpp

Line 964

Does this mean anything to anyone?  Outisde of reseeding cards, we've tried everything...

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

MC 2018.4 w/ Symphony Option | MacPro 6 Core Intel Zeon | MacOS 10.11.6 | Nexis 7.6 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:16 AM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,440

Re: Cannot Capture Anymore Via SDI

Well I'd start with a complete power down including pulling the power cord from the Nitris DX and the computer and while they are unplugged hit the power buttons especially the computer to drain any residual voltage off the PCI buss etc...  Then reseat the cards and reboot.  Do you get the green light in the capture tool.  How are you capturing audio?  XLR or embedded?  Make sure you have sync to everything.  I know it should work without it but I've had some wierdness when trying to capture embedded audio that adding sync to the playback deck made it work.  Besides reseating the cards make sure to reseat any cables especially from the computer to the Nitris DX.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller