Latest post Wed, Oct 31 2012 5:01 PM by actone. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 31 2012 5:01 PM

• actone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 16 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

MC 4.02 Sonic DVD Unknown Exception -3

Can anyone help me by explaining what causes the "Unknown Exception -3" error message in the Sonic DVD program that ships with MC 4.02.

I export the the video movie using Quicktime Reference and the Disc Image creates successfully but when I go to write the DVD (Dual Layer due to file size) it gets to the "Writing Files" portion, then spits out the DVD with the above message.

If this happens with the Disc Image option, it will also happen if I burn direct from Sonic project to disc.

I have tried testing it a number of ways and can not find any common pattern. I have rebuilt the source .MOV file from scratch, tried rebuilding all the DVD menus from scratch but can't find any common thread. Sometimes if I burn a DVD just with the source .MOV file and no Sonic menus, etc added the disc will burn but other times even this won't work. Even when it does work, it is more a fluke than something I do knowingly.

It does not happen with all my videos (whether single or dual layer) but when it does I have not been able to find any common cause, nor have I found any on-line references to this.

Is there a place one can go to see a list of all error messages that Sonic may display and what their root causes are?

Any help would be much appreciated as it will help save me hours of re-building, mixdown and transcoding effort if I can more quickly zero in on the potential root causes.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller