Latest post Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:11 PM by ChezAmber. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:23 AM

• ChezAmber
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Connecticut
    • Posts 39
    • Points 500

Consolidate causes system crash - help!

I am trying to consolidate a one-hour sequence onto a portable hard drive to take to a post-production house for finishing for broadcast. It should be simple and I have done it frequently in the past.  However, every time I attempt this, the system hangs on the very first clip, freezes, and I have to manually shut down.  (After a few times of this the computer then has to run a disk check to recover it self.)

Here's what I've tried:

Delete and rebuild the media databases in all of the MXF folders.

Delete MC State and settings.

Create a new project.

Break the sequence into short 5 minute sections in order to find a corrupted clip. (Doesn't make a difference, the very first "clip 1 of 48" hangs it up, wherever I am in the sequence.)

Transcode - same problem.

Using different external hard drives as the target - even re-formatted one of them for a clean drive. Same problem.

I am at my wit's end, with the session (expensive) starting in about 8 hours.

Are there workarounds? Through Media Tool or Batch Import?  There's a lot of media here, and the sequence (of course) plays fine on the drives I have. (It's, BTW, a 40 lb Caldigit HDPro Two, not easily unplugged and carried into the post-production house - but that may be the only solution!)

Windows 7 (64), SP 1, HP Z800 Workstation, x5650 @ 2.67. GHz, 2.66 GHz, 12 GB of RAM, 2 x NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800. Using Media Composer 8.3 [view my complete system specs]

Dell Dimension DIM9100 Intel (R) Pentirum (R) D CPU 2.8 GHz 2.79 GHz, 2.00GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce6800

• Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:11 PM In reply to

• ChezAmber
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Connecticut
    • Posts 39
    • Points 500

Re: Consolidate causes system crash - help!

Bump.  Any one?

Windows 7 (64), SP 1, HP Z800 Workstation, x5650 @ 2.67. GHz, 2.66 GHz, 12 GB of RAM, 2 x NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800. Using Media Composer 8.3 [view my complete system specs]

Dell Dimension DIM9100 Intel (R) Pentirum (R) D CPU 2.8 GHz 2.79 GHz, 2.00GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce6800

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller