Latest post Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:47 PM by GGEnron. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:57 AM

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Consolidating using I/O on clips (Use Marks)?

Is there a way to consolidate the same way you would export a clip checking the "Use Marks" box?

We get several XDCAM disks, and we want this material over on our unity before we start editing. We do have a problem with disk space however, and consolidating in all the clips would take up too much space. If I could somehow consolidate only from the In to the Out it would be much better, and I would be extremely happy if there was an easier way to do this than making subclips from all of the clips and then consolidate the subclips.

best regards

Lasse

• Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:22 PM In reply to

• Philavid1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 11 2006
    • Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,065

Re: Consolidating using I/O on clips (Use Marks)?

Hello!

You could select all the clips in AMA place them in a sequence, then consolidate that sequence.

Phil

4 Symphony Nitris DX 7 on ISIS 5000 shared storage Z820 workstations 12 core with 16GB of RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:47 PM In reply to

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Re: Consolidating using I/O on clips (Use Marks)?

Good idea, a faster method than subclips at least. Would be ideal to have a "Use Marks" when consolidating though, so hopefully avid support reads this :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller