Latest post Fri, Oct 19 2012 5:16 PM by Abeyta. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:46 PM

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

add AFD code for file based delivery?

Does anybody know if MC/Symphony can add AFD codes for a file based delivery to the stations? I see the new AFD coding feature in v6.5 but the marketing literature is kinda vaque on the specifics. Anybody know how to do this? I was asked by a local station to add AFD flag of 1111 on line 11 of a commercial spot. Thanks for any help.

Derrick 

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

• Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:11 PM In reply to

• Mike Brodeur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 15 2008
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 28
    • Points 405

Re: add AFD code for file based delivery?

Yes, it's quite simple.  As a first step, eanble the AFD column in the Bin display so you can see the AFD values assigned to each sequence.  Next, select the sequence, right click and "Modify".  Once the dialog comes up, use the switching widget at the top to select "Active Format Description".

This will bring up a dialog that lets you select whichever AFD value you want.  Simply select the value you want, an "OK" to confirm.  If your sequence already has a D1 track, then you're done.  If it doesn't then one will be created for you and a dialog will pop up telling you the details of using the D1 track.

When you do a transcode, mixdown or consolidate, the AFD values in the D1 track will come along for the ride.  Note that Avid keeps ancillary data (AFD is a type of this) in a separate MXF file from the video, just like it does with audio.

• Fri, Oct 19 2012 5:16 PM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Re: add AFD code for file based delivery?

Thank you for the detailed information Mike. I look forward to using this function in version 6.5 when I can upgrade in the future. I am currently stuck on v5 as my current Mac Pro isn't supported anymore on v6. Waiting for Apple to come out with a new Mac Pro line.

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller