Latest post Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:16 AM by elizaucheer. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 15 2012 7:09 PM

Media Composer 6.5 can not paste timecode to source window???

I have been going through the version 6.5 trial thinking about upgrading from version 5.5.  I think I found a MAJOR flaw unless I am missing something.  When I go to sync a video and audio clip together in 5.5 I can copy the "mark in" timecode for my video, (where I marked the in for the slate clap) and then paste that timecode to the source window of the audio clip, hit return and the marker will go to that position in the clip giving me my inpoint to sync the two together. 

In version 6.5 however, I go to the source window for the audio clip and I only have the abiliy to TYPE the timecode, not paste it.  When dealing with 75-120 clips a day, this will definatly be a dealbreaker unless someone knows how to do this quickly in version 6.5.

Thanks!!

• Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:59 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 6.5 can not paste timecode to source window???

Not sure about pasting in the window, but when synching, why are you using In-points when you have matching timecode?

Why not just use timecode?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:16 AM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 6.5 can not paste timecode to source window???

Timecode is perfectly jam synced I would say about 75% of the time.  It is generally a few frames off, the only way for it to be perfect is to sync each manually.  And there are times where camera or audio will forget to jam sync and the timecode is off by minutes sometimes hours.

Is there a way, without being in a timeline, to slip audio around after sync?  I have a very quick solid work flow in version 5.5 and I would love to make it work in 6.5, but it's not looking good.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller