Latest post Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:07 PM by Larry Rubin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:22 PM

• mar/cus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 7 2011
    • sweden
    • Posts 102
    • Points 1,420

Mbox mini with media composer?

I'm looking for some audio monitors, so I'll need to get an external sound card. Can I use Avid's Mbox mini with media composer, or is it just for pro tools?

I can't afford a video hardware like Mojo DX, but what are really the advantages with video hardware except that you get audio monitor output and the ability to connect a client monitor?

MacPro 2013 Quad-Core - Dual AMD FirePro D300 - 32GB Memory, PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 18 TB, Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express, Avid Omni HD Native, Artist Mix... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:58 PM In reply to

Re: Mbox mini with media composer?

Sync.

And that's enough of an advantage when working with a broadcast monitor or even a good LED TV.

You could take a look at AJA T-TAP. It's pretty reasonable.

Mac Pro 8 core 2.4 Ghz (Middle 2010), 14 Gbs RAM, Matrox MXO2 Mini, GTX970 OSX v.10.10.1 AVID MC 8.3.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:07 PM In reply to

Re: Mbox mini with media composer?

marcus:
    ...what are really the advantages with video hardware except that you get audio monitor output and the ability to connect a client monitor?

You get additional input/output connectivity sometimes far beyond the basic firewire single connection. So if you need to access legacy SD material from analog sources, you'll need the additional hardware. Also, with Avid Mojo DX or Nitris DX, you will get additional resolutions to work at. And you'll be outputting a properly calibrated video signal to waveform/vector scope displays as well as a true NTSC video monitor, which is critical when performing sophisticated and subtle Color Correction or grading. A computer monitor is not suitable for high level color corrections work intended for broadcast.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller