Latest post Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:54 PM by Moses.M. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:03 AM

• tscott699
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 2 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Importing After Effects into Avid

I've been learning Avid MC5.5. I've been having trouble importing text that I created from After Effects into Avid. For some reason, Avid does not allow me to layer the text on top of footage in the timeline. It shows the text with just the black background. How can I make the background opaque so that I only see the text on top of the footage in the timline?

Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:52 PM In reply to

Re: Importing After Effects into Avid

tscott699:
    It shows the text with just the black background.

tscott699:
    How can I make the background opaque

Sounds to me like the background is already opaque and that's what the issue is.  I'm going to assume you mean "transparent".  

Did you render the Comp with Alpha channel in AE?  Did you import it with Alpha Channel into MC?

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Oct 2 2012 12:54 PM In reply to

• Moses.M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 9 2008
    • Austria
    • Posts 651
    • Points 8,100

Re: Importing After Effects into Avid

you need to create the clips in AE with an alpha channel.

when you import them to MC, go to the options and tell MC to use it.  (Import -> Options -> Alpha Channel -> Do not invert)

HP xw8400 - 6GB RAM | W7 64 bit | MC 5.5.2 | Adrenaline with DNxcel Sony Vaio SB1Z1 - 6GB Ram | W7 64 bit | Blackmagic Design Ultra Studio SDI [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller