Latest post Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:08 PM by johanV2. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 9 2012 2:54 PM

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

crash when editing Vert Open effect

Using Avid Media Composer 5.5.3.4 (latest patch) on a intel core 2 quad cpu q8200 2.33Ghz processor with 8gb Ram on Windows Ultimate 64 bit (but of course this version of avid does not take advantage of the 64)

The applied affect does not play in the time line.  When I open the effects editor and try to set key frames, the following error pops up:

Assertion failed !("WHo\'s calling this?!?!?")

File:..\..\src\Consumers\EffectMan\ARealTimeEffect.c, line: 102

Any clues what any of this means?  The Assertion sounds...... really weird.  And there is no such file on my computer.

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 9 2012 3:07 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

Re: crash when editing Vert Open effect

Just tested a few other effects - it does the same thing will all Edge Wipes and Spins but not Shape Wipes

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 9 2012 4:31 PM In reply to

Just want to make sure you know that MC 5 and MC 6 are specifically qualified for W7 Professional 64, NOT Ultimate, as per the version matrix.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:14 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

Hmmm.... I figured that Professional was a minimum for some of the networking functions.  Anyone else run into this problem?  If so, are you running Ultimate or Professional?

• Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:23 PM In reply to

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but IIRC, it has to do with turning off certain permissions profiles in Ultimate. Hopefully someone else can chime in about that.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 2:30 AM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

If you hear a solution, I'm all ears.  I have Home and Ultimate but not Pro.

• Wed, Sep 12 2012 2:24 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

The effects work fine on another computer (laptop) intel core i3 cpu m380 @2.53ghz, 8 gig ram with Windows home premium
  • Tue, Jun 13 2017 9:23 AM In reply to

• johanV2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 7 2011
    • Posts 14
    • Points 170

Hello Larry,

I wish to thank you for your tip in your answer about the problem: Assertion failed !("WHo\'s calling this?!?!?") File:..\..\src\Consumers\EffectMan\ARealTimeEffect.c, line: 102

I have received (and with me some other guys I see on this forum) NO SOLUTION for this problem. With your tip about the persmissions I have found that my Avid MC program was reinstalled in a wrong way after my PC was repaired !  The program must be installed with an ADMINISTRATOR account and not with an "account with administrator privileges"   (cfr AMC Guide) !!!!! I have reinstalled AMC with a real ADMINISTRATOR account and now editing effects works fine again !  I will edit my original post with "solved" and the solution.

Thans a lot !

Johan

(Sorry for my "belgian" english.....)

Windows 7 Prof 64 bit SP 1 CPU IntelCore I7 920 @ 2,67 GHZ Ram 24 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 13 2017 3:08 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,317
    • Points 232,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Johan,

Great to know that Larry is still helping us all from afar.  His knowledge and posts are the mainstay on our community.

Larry passed away but his legacy lives on.  I miss him each and every day!

Glad he helped out.... 

Notice this is my signature ( WWLD )  - what woud larry do.  He was the best of the best!

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:08 PM In reply to

• johanV2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 7 2011
    • Posts 14
    • Points 170

Marianna,

Thanks a lot for your straight answer that touched me so !

Whit kind regards,

Johan

Windows 7 Prof 64 bit SP 1 CPU IntelCore I7 920 @ 2,67 GHZ Ram 24 GB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller