Latest post Fri, Sep 7 2012 4:41 PM by Joseph Columbo. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:28 PM

• Joseph Columbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 13 2012
    • West Warwick RI
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

avid xpress 3.5 avi export with the highest quality video format

I would like to export my project with the highest quality video format and settings.

what is the best video codec I would prefure an AVI file. but what ever is the best would be best.

if i could get a detailed description of what my export setting should be set for that would be great.

all i want to do is export as a video file that does not look like crap. (it looks great on my pc just not after the export)

thank you very much joseph

Avid DV 3.5, windows XP pro,3GB RAM, Striker 2 extreme motherboard, Intel(r) Core(tm)2Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2CPUs) 2 NVDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra linked... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:52 PM In reply to

Re: avid xpress 3.5 avi export with the highest quality video format

Hi Joseph,

What are you going to use the file for?  Web?  DVD?  Something else?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:28 AM In reply to

• Joseph Columbo
    • Not Ranked
    • West Warwick RI
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Thanks Carl

Prolly a data disk.

I have been hired to video a wedding. and I wanted to put it together to showcase my talent in hopes to get more gigs. Then present it to the person who outoutsourced it to me.

My raw footage is high quality I would like to keep it that way. So what he will be doing with the clips I need to create i'm guessing is put them on a dvd. I hope. He might just scrap it. thought i can't imagen as the sequences are amazing.

I hope that best ansered your question as I have said. i dont know what he will be doing with it. but if I could choose. I would load it into my pinnical studio and build a dvd.

I love that program for dvd building. It's very easy to use and looks sharp. that program works best with AVI so i guess we can just say that is what i hope he will do.

thanks again Joey

Avid DV 3.5, windows XP pro,3GB RAM, Striker 2 extreme motherboard, Intel(r) Core(tm)2Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2CPUs) 2 NVDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra linked... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 6 2012 8:13 AM In reply to

Do you have any encoding software (Sorensen Squeeze, or something like it)?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, Sep 6 2012 12:01 PM In reply to

• Joseph Columbo
    • Not Ranked
    • West Warwick RI
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

No just what came with the avid xdv. I know its an old program. I bought it back in 06 i had issues with exporting then too but figured it out. However it has been about 3 years sence i last worked with it.

i clik export/options

then i can choose from OMF 1.0/2.0/AAF/quicktime ref/MPEG-1/MPEG-2/DV Stream/quickTimeMovie/3G/appleTV/MPEG-4/Quicktime Media Link/QuicktimeMedia Link/Quicktime?TeXML/iphone/ipod/AVI/Audio/Graphic/Avid log Excange/tab Delimited

the codec that run with avi

Cinepak Codec by Radus / Intelindeo video 4.5/ Microsoft Video 1/Avid AVICodec 20d2/ and Full Frame (uncompressed)

now i have tried a number of these. bad QTY/No sound/ and exporting only 15 mins at a time/ and sometimes not able to expot the bin at all

so if you have any ideas that would be great. or know where i could best find the anser.

thanks

Joey

• Thu, Sep 6 2012 12:21 PM In reply to

If I were in your shoes, I'd choose Quicktime as the file type.  AVI is old, and on Avid is limited to 2GB in size (which is why you can only do 15 minutes at a time).

The problem you're going to run into next is what codec to use, and the choices available on a 6 year old system may not be as good as on a newer one.  If you pick Quicktime, what codecs are available?

• Fri, Sep 7 2012 4:41 PM In reply to

• Joseph Columbo
    • Not Ranked
    • West Warwick RI
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

I have a 40 min clip. I just exported 4 small 10 min clips. And reassembled them in pinnical and rerendered them to the 40 min clip. Took a little longer but I got around the fence. Thanks for your help non the less.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller