Latest post Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:06 PM by naydelcano. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:03 PM

• naydelcano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 8 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

DNxHD 120

Hi everyone, 

I am a Mac user and I am using Media Composer 6. When I try to import media shot in Canon 7D and transcode it to DNxHD 120 the import window only shows three possible options for transcoding: 

- DNxHD 4444...

-1:1 ...

-Apple ProRes ...

When I export in any of these options my system is not capable of managing it and keeps dropping frames.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there anything I need to do in the settings? 

Format for the project is: 1920 x 1080 25p RGB

I would really appreciate any answers 

Thank you!

• Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:05 PM In reply to

Re: DNxHD 120

Hi,

Your project settings limit you to RGB color space instead of 709 color space, thus limiting your choice of resolutions.  If you tell us what you plan to do with the final output, we can suggest what you should do.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:06 PM In reply to

• naydelcano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 8 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Re: DNxHD 120

Hi Carl, 

I am basically the second editor on board for this project. The previous editor transcoded everything on Media Composer 5 and passed me the whole project in an external hard drive. When I opened it I realise he had missed a few clips so I had to capture just those. He has been researching and apparently DNxHD 120 was the best option. 

I change the project format but still offers me the three options. 

Regarding what I´m planning to do with the output, this is something the prior editor needs to tell me because he design the workflow for that specifically and that`s why he went for DNxHD 120. But he hasn´t told me yet and doesn't know why all this is happenning. 

Thank you Carl. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller