Latest post Wed, Aug 1 2012 1:39 PM by Kevin Klimek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 1 2012 1:38 AM

• mxisaac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 3 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Mountain Lion, dongle failure

Hey all,

So I installed Mountain Lion, popped my mc5.5 dongle in, and now the dongle isn't being seen by the application (or the dongle updater).  This is either a horrible coincidence or a Mountain Lion issue.

I don't have a machine without Mountain Lion and Avid available right now to test it on.

And now I'm also discovering that Avid charges for tech support, and it's A LOT.  

I'm having a meltdown right now...

Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, Aug 1 2012 4:43 AM In reply to

• Diamornte
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 19 2012
    • Posts 14
    • Points 200

Re: Mountain Lion, dongle failure

Backup your projects/copy or move your AvidMediaFiles if on the same drive to an external, reformat your hard drive, reinstall OSX Snow Leopard/Lion, reinstall Avid, never update OSX ever again until Avid supports it (always check the message boards before updating anything from Apple).

• Wed, Aug 1 2012 1:39 PM In reply to

Re: Mountain Lion, dongle failure

As we say on the boards every time Apple releases a major update... DON'T INSTALL UNTIL AVID ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR THE OS!

There's probably an issue with the dongle driver in OS X Mountain Lion, and that won't get fixed until Avid officially supports OS X 10.8.  While you could run in 30-day trial mode temporarily, you'll likely find other issues crop up as well.

Suggest you follow the other Diamornte's advice and try to get OS X 10.7.3 on that system as fast as possible.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller