Latest post Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:45 PM by luckieduck. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 17 2012 6:49 PM

• luckieduck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 17 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Mojo Playback Issues

Good day everyone,

I have been having issues with the last remaining Mojo Dx that lives in one of our bays. The trouble began with capturing HDcam (We've been getting kernal panics at the endpoint of the capture. We thought it may have been the keystone driver, but after updating that we are still having issues.

Now this morning, we are having playback issues in Avid 5.5.3.4 the sequence appears as if unrendered at certain points. But when we try to render Avid notifies us that there is nothing to render. Also, certain graphics clips don't seem to be appearing in the source monitor, but when we splice them in, they can be seen.

The OS is 10.7.3.

Could the Mojo be failing? All these issues seem to be graphics related...

Any ideas guys? Thanks for your help! 

• Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:28 AM In reply to

Re: Mojo Playback Issues

Sounds like it could be corrupt underlying source media with good renders living above.

Seen clips that loo and seem to play ok but won't render again because the underlying media is corrupt.

Divide up the sequence and test playout/render sections to see where the issue is exactly.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:45 PM In reply to

• luckieduck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 17 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Mojo Playback Issues

Thanks for your help Pat.

Thats what I thought at first as well, and it turns out that the original media was deleted earilier on.

The big issue though turned out to be the ISIS 5000's ethernet connection. It looks like it was configured incorrectly when it was installed and because of that the connection was dragging... giving us the playback jitters in other areas of the timeline.

At least thats the fix we employed and so far! So good!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller