Latest post Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:04 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 10 2012 3:46 AM

• Martin V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 27 2008
    • Posts 34
    • Points 490

using EDL

Hello, 

I have a problem. I have digitized 4 tapes of a recent short film we shot. I subclipped it in scenes and takes. A few days ago the hard drive crashed but I managed to keep the project file. So I opened it in Avid and all the subclips are there but, of course offline. 

Is it possible to digitize the tapes again and then link the master clips to the new digitized tapes so I don't have to subclip everything again? Or I should start a whole new project and export an EDL?

Thank you very much for your help.

Martín

Avid Media composer 5.0.3, OS X 10.6.8, Intel Core i5 2.53 Ghz. 4GB RAM

iMac 27"-MacOS 10.12.6 - 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 - 8GB GB 1600 Mhz DDR3-Avid MC 2018.4 + 27" Cinema display [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:04 AM In reply to

Re: using EDL

Just select the clips you need and select batch capture.

There are options for capturing the tracks you captured before (as logged with the clips) or capture the tracks selected in the capture tool.

And similar for the resolution to capture at (as you did before or as set int he capture tool)

If you capture just the subclips it will capture just that content and make new master clips to match.

If you capture the original master clips it will cpature what it did originally and the old subclips will just relink automatically to their part of the media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller