Latest post Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:40 PM by Kevin Klimek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:45 AM

• newyork7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180

Export freezes when my timeline has lots of dissolves

Hi there, I'm doing a very basic edit of stills images, it's about 1 minute long, but it requires dissolves between all the images, i have roughly 50 dissolves over 4 video tracks. I've had this problem before, whenever i have too many dissolves in my video tracks Media Composer 5 never lets me export, it just freezes about 1 minute in and all i can do is delete the dissolves to make the file active again.

In this job i need the dissolves, could it be my computer isn't powerful enough to handle the information/export? Do i need a new memory card? I'm not very tech savy.

The timeline is rendered, it's 1080p/25 RGB and my computer specs are Mac OS X 10.6.6, , 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

This is urgent I'd love it if someone could help me.

Cheers

Tim 

• Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Export freezes when my timeline has lots of dissolves

Hi Tim,

I don't know what the cause may be, but since you're in an urgent situation, here's a workaround.  Duplicate your timeline.  On the duplicate, do a video mixdown (use whatever DNxHD resolution you can that doesn't fill up your drives), edit the mixdown in place of your video tracks so you only have one video track with only the mixdown on it.  Then export that sequence.

Hope that helps.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:40 PM In reply to

Re: Export freezes when my timeline has lots of dissolves

Or try rendering all effects first, then export.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller