Latest post Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:41 PM by NYnutz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 20 2012 3:13 AM

• DavidV1990
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 20 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Backing up projects to Thunderbolt NAS server, TOO FAST!

We are currently trying to backup some projects from our ISIS to our NAS server. The interface for our NAS server is Thunderbolt only. When we go to copy and backup the projects, the ISIS' bandwidth limit is reached and begins to crash, affecting the staff in our facility.

Is there anyway to control the bandwidth limit on the ISIS? It makes me laugh to ask a question like this. Thanks.

• Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:23 PM In reply to

• briMestone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2005
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,570

Re: Backing up projects to Thunderbolt NAS server, TOO FAST!

Can't you trottle down the copying speed within the backup software you are using? I use rsync a lot and i can use like --bwlimit= which can limit the speed, this comes handy especially if you want to copy files during day time.

6 ISIS5000 split in two environments, 25 MC7+SYM NitrisDX, MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 [view my complete system specs]

------

Ted Simbajon
    http://www.tedsimbajon.com

Head Janitor

• Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:41 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 399
    • Points 4,730

Re: Backing up projects to Thunderbolt NAS server, TOO FAST!

in the isis admin console, you can set device bandwidth restrictions. I do believe the ISIS5k admin guide mentions that you should consider using them on non-editing clients such as transfer systems to avoid impacting normal functionality. 

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller