Latest post Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:31 AM by hitime. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 17 2012 6:23 PM

• hitime
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Very new to avid -- 2 quick questions Help please

I have hibernated in Sony Vegas since v2 but am now begining to wake up!! 

Can I use makie control surfaces? ( I use a Behringer bcf 2000 very successfully with Vegas) It supports the Makie protocols.

My guess from the reading that I have done that it might work in Composer but not in Studio. Can someone confirm this please.

The studio trial failed on my Fujitsu x9525 because the video did not overlay as it should even afer downloading the latest nvidia drivers and directx, directdraw etc. (vegas does overlay and so does Serif Movie plus 6 and Sonar X1 producer) The chip is a Geforce 9200m GS should it work?

I guess that I would have more luck on my 3.4 i7 with Geforce gtx570 but have not tried that yet.

It would be great to know which of the Avid range support CUDA?

sorry to ask such basic questions but I have not come up with definitive answers surfing the web. 

thanks for your time

Asus based i7 with 8GB memory 3TB & 500gb drives and 500gb SSD in Raid group as c drive. GTX 570 Geforce. v7 Laptop -- Fujitsu x9525 w 3gb main mem... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Sun, Jun 17 2012 6:24 PM In reply to

Re: Very new to avid -- 2 quick questions Help please

Hi,

Are you asking for Studio or for Media Composer?  If it's Studio, the correct forum is here:

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/242/ShowForum.aspx

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:11 AM In reply to

• hitime
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

At this stage I am looking very widely for an alternative to Vegas, so I am looking at both. However to be clear, re Composer, I would like to know whether I could expect my BCF2000 ( which simulates Makie) would work.

As far as I can see, no crossgrades from Vegas exist, only from FCP. Please confirm.

Downloading the Studio trial from the cloud did not go well so I thought it easier to ask rather set up another trial.

Although I have now unistalled the trial on my laptop but I will post the Studio stuff to the link you gave -- thanks for that.

cheers Hitime

Asus based i7 with 8GB memory 3TB & 500gb drives and 500gb SSD in Raid group as c drive. GTX 570 Geforce. v7 Laptop -- Fujitsu x9525 w 3gb main mem... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:26 AM In reply to

No support for Mackie boards in MC, AFAIK.

No official crossgrade offers from Vegas.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:31 AM In reply to

• hitime
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Thanks for that 

cheers Hitime

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller