Latest post Sun, Jun 10 2012 4:45 PM by aennaraema. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 10 2012 11:09 AM

Mixed Frame rates, am I doing it right? URGEND!

Hello, 

I am currently working on a 1080/25p project but I got some 50i footage to insert (in MC 6.0.1.1).

So this is what I did:

I changed the format of the project to 1080i/50 and imported the 50i clips, then changed the format back to 1080/25p. I refreshed all motion adapters and got those green dots. Then I rendered all motion adapters.

And now? 

Can I export all in 25p now? Have I overlooked something? Is there another step? Is the resolution now bad? What is Avid doing when rendering those green dots? Just deleting fields?

Can I export DnxHD 185 25p now to the client? 

It looks like there are no field anymore, but I am not sure if its all right...

Thanks, Aen

annewoehlert.de

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 11:38 AM In reply to

Re: Mixed Frame rates, am I doing it right? URGEND!

Sounds good, but you need to check one thing.

When you have refreshed all the motion adapters, and see the green dots, you should park on on of them and open the Motion Effects Editor (or Effects Mode). Check the effect type, Source should say Interlaced, Output should say Progressive. If the effect type says 'Duplicated Field', that means that one field per frame is being ignored. So use any of the other options. I think it defaults to Interpolated Fields.

If you use Both Fields, you will not discard any fields, but you will also not deinterlace unless you check the box that says "Adaptive Deinterlacing".

The Adaptive Deinterlacing button is also available when you choose Blended Interpolated or Blended VTR. Which of the effect type settings works best, depends on the footage. Blended Interpolated often works well for me.

There's another option, and that is to promote the Motion Adapter to a TimeWarp effect. Then you get to choose from yet another option, FluidMotion. Nice, but be prepared for quite some more render times.

After rendering, the result would indeed be 1080p25.

*edit* From the Help files:

Adaptive deinterlacing uses an algorithm for producing progressive frames from interlaced fields that analyzes adjacent frames as well as the currrent frame. Adaptive deinterlacing results in higher image quality for some kinds of clips, particularly where there is fast motion in the clip and when the clip is being slowed down significantly. For example, it can help to eliminate interlacing line artifacts, or jagged edges between a moving object and a background, without losing information from an entire field.
    However, the complex calculations required by adaptive deinterlacing reduce processing performance, so you need to balance this against any improvement in image quality. You can experiment with the option to see whether it provides a valuable gain in image quality with your footage at an acceptable performance cost.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:13 PM In reply to

Ah, great, thanks a lot! 

I didn't know that one could change the render settings for the green dot thingys. 

And it renders quicker than the timewarp!?

One last question: how can I "unrender" the green dots?

Thanks!! Anne

annewoehlert.de

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:22 PM In reply to

Mark in/out, right-click, unrender (or remove renders, something like that). Or just modify them, and they will become unrendered.

aennaraema:
    And it renders quicker than the timewarp!?
    Not necessarily, depends on the settings you use.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 10 2012 4:45 PM In reply to

Okay... I see! It renders hours if I check adaptive deinterlacing... But this help file says it is not NECESSARY, or is it...? Its just for very fast motions and slow-mo... right? so not always necessary?!

The default setting is interpolated. 

I think this should be enough... 

THANKS!!!

annewoehlert.de

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller