Latest post Tue, Jun 12 2012 2:13 PM by maryd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 7 2012 3:21 PM

• ynotb17
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 7 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Scoreboard clock integrated into Deko 3000

Hey All - 

My dilemma seems like there should be a simple answer that I cannnot find.  I cover various sports at various locations.  Each location has a scoreboard (Daktronics, Mindfield) and a scoreboard controller.  I want to take a feed from the scoreboard controller to my Deko 3000.  Is this possible?  Right now, I am looking soley for a clean digital clock feed from the controller, but if this can be figured out I would then like to feed the score from the controller into my score graphic strip.

Do I need an additional program?

Do I need a stats program?

Do I need to feed the scoreboard controller into a laptop per say and then into the Deko 3000?

Your ideas would be a great help.

• Fri, Jun 8 2012 3:16 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Scoreboard clock integrated into Deko 3000

If you can get the data from the scoreboard into any ODBC database you can connect to it that way using Deko layer database connection.  I have not used this protocol, but Daktronics should be able to provide info to get the data to some type of summary database.

There is also a Daktronics Character Generator Interface (DCGI) that can be purchased from Daktronics to parse data using III protocol.

I recommend contacting Daktronics or looking at their website.  I found this on DCGI:
    http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsServices/Products/Software-Controllers/SportSoftwareControllers/SportSoftware/MajorLeagueInterfaces/DaktronicsCGInterface/Pages/default.aspx

I am not familiar with Mindfield.

If you need assistance with the set up of the Deko layers for either database or III you can find that in the Deko User's Guide, or try again here on the Forum.

If any users have had hands on experience with score data please chime in! Thanks.

• Mon, Jun 11 2012 7:50 PM In reply to

• ynotb17
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 7 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Of course you are not familiar with Mindfield because it is FAIR PLAY - not sure where my mind was at with that one.  I have contacted Daktronics - any info on FAIR PLAY

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

• Tue, Jun 12 2012 2:13 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Just looked at Fair Play on line - looks like they are mostly for in house scoreboard displays.  I would contact them as well to see if there is a way to parse out their data to either ODBC or .txt files and then link Deko layers to those.

If you get any information from either company please feel free to share it here on the Forum.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller