Latest post Sat, Jun 2 2012 7:31 AM by Zoppito. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 2 2012 1:41 AM

• gregae89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 17 2010
    • Posts 14
    • Points 230

Importing After Effects Graphic w/ Alpha Channel

I have some lower 3rd graphics that I created in After Effects and rendered with an alpha channel. I know the alpha channel works because it works in Premiere Pro. However when I try to use them in Media Composer, I get the lower 3rd on a black slate instead of a see through alpha channel. I can't be the only person to have this problem however I can't find a fix or workaround online anywhere.

Anyone know how to get graphics with an alpha channel to work in MC?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Greg

• Sat, Jun 2 2012 3:47 AM In reply to

• taloftus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • SF, CA USA
    • Posts 50
    • Points 675

Re: Importing After Effects Graphic w/ Alpha Channel

Have you checked your avid import settings for invert or do not invert alpha? Settings-Import-Alpha Channel.

I believe if you rendered in AE to the avid codec, you do not invert, if you rendered to animation or something else, you may need to invert the alpha.

MC 8.3. Mojo DX, HP xw8600, Win 7 64, 16 GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 2 2012 7:31 AM In reply to

• Zoppito
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Stuttgart - Germany
    • Posts 209
    • Points 2,920

Re: Importing After Effects Graphic w/ Alpha Channel

The DNXHD-Codec with Alpha didn`t work for me. Now i`m rendering the files with Animation-Codec (RGB+Alpha). Try to import either with inverted alpha or "normal"

AVID Version 7.0 HP Z800 Win7 (64bit) 48 GB RAM Nvidia Quadro 4000 Matrox Mini [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller