Latest post Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:15 PM by maryd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 24 2012 9:13 PM

Sequencing AUT files in a loop in DEKO 3000

Hi Avid Community!

We are taking ENPS Stats and feeding one of our DEKO's with election information.  There is a scenario in which we would like to have a running "ticker" calling up the AUT files in a loop.  Is this possible to do within DEKO?

Thank you!

Thomas E Morales
    Executive Producer, Operations
    KCOY & KKFX Television
    Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, CA
    thomasmorales@kcoy.com

• Fri, May 25 2012 1:00 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Sequencing AUT files in a loop in DEKO 3000

Hi Thomas,

Yes, you can create a Deko Sequence with the .aut files.  A Sequence can run on a continuous loop.  For details on creating a sequence refer to the Users Guide, page 504.  If you need more assistance post other questions or contact me directly.

http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/attach/Deko_Users_Guide_v5.3.1.pdf

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 3:02 PM In reply to

Mary,

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!  I have a follow up.

We would like to run a Deko Sequence in our "B" Program channel, while having our production automation (Ross Overdrive) control the "A" program.  I have noticed that the sequence wants to load into preview the next page, as does the automation, which causes a conflict.  Is there any way of having the sequence run in the background on the B Program without it needing to use Preview?

TM

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:15 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

All graphics running in a sequence, or with any effect or motion, play from Preview to Program.

I am not sure if Ross Overdrive can specify which channel of a Deko to play out to.  If it cannot it likely defaults to Channel A.

Using our Command workflow we can use both channels.   and have the graphics that are scheduled to run on Channel A (in command that is specified as Channel 1) play into one preview then to Channel A, and the graphics running on B (aka channel 2) play into the 2nd preview.  I do not know if where the logic to accomplish that comes in the code.

You can test it by opening a new graphic window to create a second Preview, (focus on Preview then use Ctrl + N - they will be labeled Graphic 2 and Graphic 3 I believe).  I setup a Layout with each Preview smaller and above it's corresponding Program.  Then be sure your sequence events are set to Channel B.  Focus to the Graphic 3 window and then play the sequence.  Once that is working try to trigger a graphic to play out via Overdrive.  Keep in mind that the sequence must have the Control set to STOP.  If the sequence is in Pause or Hold you cannot call up anything to Channel A, even manually.

Again, I do not know if this works since I have not ever tested using Overdrive.  If you have further questions about it you will need to contact Customer Support, probably at both Ross & Avid.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller