Latest post Thu, May 24 2012 2:03 PM by Unit 12. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 24 2012 2:03 PM

• Unit 12
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2008
    • Louisville, KY
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Video & Audio out of sync during playback

This problem is with our Newscutter XP Pro / Mojo system (specs below and I can provide more info to anyone who can help)

During playback to tape on a DVcam machine (SDI) the audio quickly lags behind the video.  When this problem was first noticed we were making program length TV shows. (27:30)  The audio fell out of sync at around three minutes in.  Stop and restart the recording didn't help.  We decided to export the programs to our Nitris and move on. 

Now the sync issues are occurring with news story length projects, 1:30 - 1:45 in length.  The audio looses sync with the video within seconds. This occurs randomly however.  There are usually multiple video and audio tracks on the timeline and all effects get fully rendered. 

Naturally I have scoured the forums for a solution but no obvious answer pops up.  I have found some old threads discussing something similar.  The suggestions related to hardware specs. This is an Avid branded system. Windows and all the drivers are up to date.  Another suggestion related to house sync engineering standards.  This Avid, I'm told, receives black burst. 

It is not connected to a server, only the internal network so it can play with the Newspath server and our Telestream/Agility.

I am pretty sure I have checked all the obvious playback and timeline settings, but any suggestion is welcomed. I need to keep this Avid in constant daily use for a couple more years so thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me.

AVID 2: NewsCutter XP v6.5.3 MOJO - HPxw8400 - dual Intel Xeon 2.33GHz - dual Nvidia QuadroFX 1500 - Realtek HD 5.1 - 1TB Video RAID - XP Pro 5.1 SP3 

This is me: http://community.avid.com/members/Unit-12/default.aspx

- AVID 3: NewsCutter v7.1.1 Nitris DX - HPxw8600 - dual Intel Xeon x5450 3GHz - dual Nvidia QuadroFX 3700 - Realtek HD 5.1 - 2TB Video Raid ST - XP Pro... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller